Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    If GGG unifies all the belts at 160 he will be a bigger star than Canelo, especially if Canelo shames himself and his fans by ducking Golovkin and getting stripped of his title after fighting a WW.
    GGG could be lineal champ at 160 and 168 and he wouldn't be a bigger star than Canelo. Belts don't mean **** to anyone but the hardcore fans. Most fans don't even know or care that Canelo is champ at 160.
    GGG's biggest fan is Borat, Canelo has the Mexican fan are behind him, the biggest one in boxing. It's no coincidence that the two biggest fight weekends are Cinco de Drinko and Mexican Independence Day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Oh really ?

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought AT middleweight

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought A middleweight

FACT: Canelo is OBVIOUSLY an entitled, unprofessional, JMW

You can pretend he is a MW if you wish, but that would be incorrect.

He should obviously drop the belt, but it looks like he won't.

Golovkin can either cry about it, like you guys..... or he can man up and fight, like he promised for the last 3 years.
      Then maybe he should start fighting Middleweights instead of blown up Welterweights and Jr. Middleweights. The way I see it, if you want to hold a MW title, then you're claiming to be a middleweight. Easy as that.

Comment

• Even Cotto who is much smaller went up to 157 and 159. Pathetic Canela.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
          Then maybe he should start fighting Middleweights instead of blown up Welterweights and Jr. Middleweights. The way I see it, if you want to hold a MW title, then you're claiming to be a middleweight. Easy as that.

Yea, you're right.....he should drop the belt, like I said.....

That does not change the fact that Canelo qualifies for a reasonable catchweight according to YOUR criteria.

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought AT middleweight

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought A middleweight

FACT: Canelo is OBVIOUSLY an entitled, unprofessional, JMW

Golovkin can either cry about it, or he can man up and fight, like he promised for the last 3 years..... they were willing to fight Kell Brook at 157 FFS

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            GGG could be lineal champ at 160 and 168 and he wouldn't be a bigger star than Canelo. Belts don't mean **** to anyone but the hardcore fans. Most fans don't even know or care that Canelo is champ at 160.
            GGG's biggest fan is Borat, Canelo has the Mexican fan are behind him, the biggest one in boxing. It's no coincidence that the two biggest fight weekends are Cinco de Drinko and Mexican Independence Day weekend.
            If belts don't matter why did Cotto pay GGG nearly $1 million so he could keep hold of his till he fought Canelo, and why is Canelo wriggling around like a fish on a hook trying to keep hold of that same belt now?

And I've got news for you ... there are 6 billion people in the world, and about 95% of them have never even heard of Mexican Independance Day weekend or Cinco de Whatever-da-Fuck you call it.

That's where Golovkin is building his fan base now. Here in the UK, he's at least as well known as Canelo already and obviously much better known in Asia, Russia, Australia etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              If belts don't matter why did Cotto pay GGG nearly $1 million so he could keep hold of his till he fought Canelo, and why is Canelo wriggling around like a fish on a hook trying to keep hold of that same belt now?

And I've got news for you ... there are 6 billion people in the world, and about 95% of them have never even heard of Mexican Independance Day weekend or Cinco de Whatever-da-Fuck you call it.

That's where Golovkin is building his fan base now. Here in the UK, he's at least as well known as Canelo already and obviously much better known in Asia, Russia, Australia etc.

" I don’t need their belt... with $1.1mil, I can buy any belt that I want "
              ~ Miguel " belt-less " Cotto

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-jab...million--98262

Comment

• Originally posted by techdude69 View Post
                That's a load of ****! I'm from Australia and most boxing fans have heard of GGG and not Canelo. Have you considered that GGG is more well known internationally than ginger. I've been buying GGG's PPV fights for over 3 years. GGG has been quietly making money for some time.
                Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                I don't believe that for 1 second.
                You mean you don't want to believe it.

Comment

• Stop being ridiculous kafkod, everyone knows Canelo from the Mayweather fight..... next to nobody bought the Lemieux fight, Canelo sold over 2mil PPV with Mayweather,

Comment

• Canelo before the Myweather fight.

Alvarez said in Spanish through translator Eric Gomez. "Why would I give up the weight? I'm at 154. I'm the 154-pound champion.
                    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eight/2802237/

All Canelo has to do is replace the 154 with 160 and it's the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      " I don’t need their belt... with $1.1mil, I can buy any belt that I want "
                      Last edited by kafkod; 03-16-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X