Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: The Fight is at 155, Why So Much Concern About 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by techdude69 View Post
    That's a load of ****! I'm from Australia and most boxing fans have heard of GGG and not Canelo. Have you considered that GGG is more well known internationally than ginger. I've been buying GGG's PPV fights for over 3 years. GGG has been quietly making money for some time.

I don't believe that for 1 second.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Andre Ward said he could make 160 for Floyd, but he wouldn't go to 164 for GGG.

Why don't you go and post **** in every Andre Ward thread calling him a liar?

Floyd fought Cotto at 154, but he made Canelo come down to 152. That's fine with you though, I guess.

FACT: Golovkin doesn't need to go to 154 or 155 to fight for a 160lb title.

Get it?

You are a fkn slimy little weasel kid

You have tried that one, on at least 6 occasions, and I have posted the following reply to each and every one......

Ward stated that.....

1) he never pursued a Mayweather fight

2) that talk was meaningless twitter banter

3) the fight was never discussed

4) the fight was never a realistic option

5) he obviously cannot make 160

6) I know you know this, so why run with weak excuses ?

You are an absolute weasel kid LMAO

On at least 6 separate occasions now, I have posted that exact same information, informed you that I have answered that question repeatedly, and also informed you that I would bet my life you completely ignore that information and run with that childish bull**** in future, at your earliest convenience.

Hilarious that you cling to weak twitter banter like it's a liferaft, and yet you completely ignore Golovkin's PR promises over the last 3 years LMAO

What a fkn slimy little weasel

Comment

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
        If you're not willing to fight at the full weight limit of a division, then you shouldn't hold a title there or even have a damn fight there. I can understand catchweights if they're between two champions between two divisions, but if you're trying to defend your title or have a full on fight in a division, then cut that ****. All these 155, 152, 145, 159, etc catchweights are wack.

Oh really ?

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought AT middleweight

FACT: Canelo has NEVER fought A middleweight

FACT: Canelo is OBVIOUSLY an entitled, unprofessional, JMW

You can pretend he is a MW if you wish, but that would be incorrect.

He should obviously drop the belt, but it looks like he won't.

Golovkin can either cry about it, like you guys..... or he can man up and fight, like he promised for the last 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          Oscar and Canelo clearly have Golovkin in their sight once the Khan fight is over with, let's refresh our memories:

-Oscar and WBC entertain the idea of a double header to build up a September 2016 fight, ok they didn't turn out to fight on the same bill but fighting only a few weeks apart everyone will still be talking about this matchup, just like Canelo-Trout and May-Guerrero.

- Part of the official quotes from Oscar during the Canelo-Khan announcement 'The Golovkin fight is going to happen, believe me," De La Hoya said. "We are looking forward to it."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-khan-was-made

This quote seems to fly under the radar, probably because everyone was sidetracked by this announcement of Khan but clearly Oscar is indicating the fight will happen after.

Then there is this idea that Canelo will drag him down to 155, that's why i asked if you think he vacates because if not i doubt that will happen. But why would he wait until after the Khan fight to vacate KNOWING he would only have 15 days to negotiate with Golovkin straight after? because he's not gonna vacate, he's gonna fight him!!! If he was gonna vacate to avoid him he would've done it by now.

Look you could be right, but I have a feeling that was just more mumbo-jumbo from Hoya.

It would be great if Canelo were to fight Hypekin at 160.

But I doubt that he will, at this point in time.

He will likely do the same as every other fighter..... move up when he is ready, take a couple of lower-level fights to adapt to the weight, and then look for the money/bling.

And that is pretty much what Canelo has consistently stated.

Only Team Golovkin seem to think that Canelo will do whatever it takes to benefit them..... whereas I don't think that Canelo will give them an advantage judging by his previous comments.

Team Golovkin are going to have to bend, and I don't think they will..... forget the hollow promises and bull****, they have never once considered making the kind of sacrifices to land a big fight that they expect Canelo to make.

Team Bull**** are basing all of their hopes and dreams on the WBC "mando" technicality, instead of living up to their promises and putting their boy in with a live dog.

They offered Kell Brook a 157lb catchweight FFS, but they will not even negotiate with Canelo.

I highly doubt the fight will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            If being mandatory was worth anything they would be fighting for the title by now. Mr. Step aside had no leverage to force Cotto to fight and even less with Canelo. Bottom line is they will take the terms given to them or they can fight another bum for the title for a fraction of the cost. Khan is guaranteed $8 million for this fight. GGG would get more than that for a Canelo fight. GGG can't make half that fighting anyone else the rest of his career. Again, he has no leverage to force Canelo to fight him, which is a bigger prize than the title itself.

The ****** fans won't understand that, especially that kafkod tool.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              You are a fkn slimy little weasel kid

You have tried that one, on at least 6 occasions, and I have posted the following reply to each and every one......

Ward stated that.....

[B]1) he never pursued a Mayweather fight

2) that talk was meaningless twitter banter

3) the fight was never discussed

4) the fight was never a realistic option

5) he obviously cannot make 160

6) I know you know this, so why run with weak excuses ?

You are an absolute weasel kid LMAO

On at least 6 separate occasions now, I have posted that exact same information, informed you that I have answered that question repeatedly, and also informed you that I would bet my life you completely ignore that information and run with that childish bull**** in future, at your earliest convenience.

Hilarious that you cling to weak twitter banter like it's a liferaft, and yet you completely ignore Golovkin's PR promises over the last 3 years LMAO

What a fkn slimy little weasel
              Ward was deadly serious about going to 160 for Floyd, but obviously, he's trying to pass it off as "banter" now to save face because he wouldn't fight GGG at 164.

"Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!!!" Andre Ward

Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/site/4629...Lh2CRuXbr8q.99

You are giving him a pass because he never pursued the Mayweather fight, it was never discussed, it was never a realistic option etc ...

So has GGG ever pursued a fight with Floyd? Has he ever pursued a fight with Floyd, or with anybody else, at either 154 or 155?

Didn't his own manager say that a fight between him and Floyd was a "fantasy" and that people shouldn't waste time discussing it?

Stop being such a ****ing hypocrite and start judging all fighters by the same standards.
              Last edited by kafkod; 03-16-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                If being mandatory was worth anything they would be fighting for the title by now. Mr. Step aside had no leverage to force Cotto to fight and even less with Canelo. Bottom line is they will take the terms given to them or they can fight another bum for the title for a fraction of the cost. Khan is guaranteed $8 million for this fight. GGG would get more than that for a Canelo fight. GGG can't make half that fighting anyone else the rest of his career. Again, he has no leverage to force Canelo to fight him, which is a bigger prize than the title itself.
                If GGG unifies all the belts at 160 he will be a bigger star than Canelo, especially if Canelo shames himself and his fans by ducking Golovkin and getting stripped of his title after fighting a WW.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                  Oscar and Canelo clearly have Golovkin in their sight once the Khan fight is over with, let's refresh our memories:

-Oscar and WBC entertain the idea of a double header to build up a September 2016 fight, ok they didn't turn out to fight on the same bill but fighting only a few weeks apart everyone will still be talking about this matchup, just like Canelo-Trout and May-Guerrero.

- Part of the official quotes from Oscar during the Canelo-Khan announcement 'The Golovkin fight is going to happen, believe me," De La Hoya said. "We are looking forward to it."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_...-khan-was-made

This quote seems to fly under the radar, probably because everyone was sidetracked by this announcement of Khan but clearly Oscar is indicating the fight will happen after.

Then there is this idea that Canelo will drag him down to 155, that's why i asked if you think he vacates because if not i doubt that will happen. But why would he wait until after the Khan fight to vacate KNOWING he would only have 15 days to negotiate with Golovkin straight after? because he's not gonna vacate, he's gonna fight him!!! If he was gonna vacate to avoid him he would've done it by now.
                  Lets hope so. Canelo might be big enough and strong enough weighing in at 160 to give Golovkin a real fight.

Comment

Ward was deadly serious about going to 160 for Floyd, but obviously, he's trying to pass it off as "banter" now to save face because he wouldn't fight GGG at 164.

"Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!!!" Andre Ward

Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/site/4629...Lh2CRuXbr8q.99

You are giving him a pass because he never pursued the Mayweather fight, it was never discussed, it was never a realistic option etc ...

So has GGG ever pursued a fight with Floyd? Has he ever pursued a fight with Floyd, or with anybody else, at either 154 or 155?

Didn't his own manager say that a fight between him and Floyd was a "fantasy" and that people shouldn't waste time discussing it?

Stop being such a ****ing hypocrite and start judging all fighters by the same standards.

You are an idiot kid !

Grow up and develop some pride you shameless fanboy.

Comment

If GGG unifies all the belts at 160 he will be a bigger star than Canelo, especially if Canelo shames himself and his fans by ducking Golovkin and getting stripped of his title after fighting a WW.

You are an absolute fkn ****** kid

Comment

Working...
                      X