David Haye's Heavyfight Prospect, Joe Joyce, Performs Capoeira Spin Kicks *VID

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    Blasphemy! It's actually Tekken.

On topic Joyce is powerful and appears to be fairly athletic but he really needs to work on his technique a bit more. I still feel he is very raw boxing skill wise.
    Lol.. yep, you're right originally it was Tekken.. Last one I played was Streetfighter X Tekken where Eddy makes an appearance but fighting games aren't what they used to be, maybe because the formula is so played out that they seem to just be regurgitated. Still got SoulBlade from the Playstation 1 as one of the best I played way back. Any recommendations?

Back to Joyce, he definitely has technical flaws but Haye must like what he's seeing in the gym to throw him in with Lewison in his debut. Haye describes him as a come-forward fighter so perhaps he's been putting more emphasis on brawling rather than boxing in training.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Lol.. yep, you're right originally it was Tekken.. Last one I played was Streetfighter X Tekken where Eddy makes an appearance but fighting games aren't what they used to be, maybe because the formula is so played out that they seem to just be regurgitated. Still got SoulBlade from the Playstation 1 as one of the best I played way back. Any recommendations?

Back to Joyce, he definitely has technical flaws but Haye must like what he's seeing in the gym to throw him in with Lewison in his debut. Haye describes him as a come-forward fighter so perhaps he's been putting more emphasis on brawling rather than boxing in training.
      Afraid I dont, sorry, havent played fighting games for quite some time I just used to love the old classic Street Fighter and Tekken games.

As for Joyce, yes he is sturdy, sure he has technical flaws but I like what I have seen from him so far, he is a very powerful man physically and seems well grounded. Technique will improve in time and with more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
        Pretty impressive for a big fella. Wonder if he's that light on his feet during his fights...
        Nope he isn't, he fights more like a mummy/robot.

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        I don't wanna criticize but is he really that tired or does he normally wing his punches like that?
        Just like that. He has power but terrible technic, he should go to MMA or capoeira or whatever its called.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        His punches didn't look very fast or powerful and that is what matters in a boxing match.
        They aren't fast but they can do damage. Thats the only he has going for him apart from his "Dancing"

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Usyk beat him decisively when they fought some years ago but he gave a good account of himself back then and he's apparently improved a lot since then.

I mean he didn't give up but he looked like a caveman in slow motion in there. The skill gap was ridiculous. Usyk spent the last round clowning him.

Comment

Joyce said he didnt get on with Stiverne in Sparring and after Stiverne said he schooled him Joyce reportedly beat him up in response.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              His punches didn't look very fast or powerful and that is what matters in a boxing match.
              He is deceptive. No one would consider him a speed demon, but he punches in combination and with and uppercuts often catches opponents unaware. Nice jab too.

Not the kind of fighter who will impress on first viewing, but over time you start to appreciate his effectiveness. At least thats how it was in the ams. Extremely fit with a maurauding style. Not many SHW's want to be fighting 3 mins of every round, but that is what Joyce forced them to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
                I don't wanna criticize but is he really that tired or does he normally wing his punches like that?
                Can you fight ?

Comment

Working...
                X