Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dillian Whyte "We've Made Wilder An Improved Offer 4.5million + US TV Revenue"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is he must not want Joshua. A win over Whyte pushes him closer to a fight with Joshua, which Wilder says he wants but his actions are saying something different. This fight is a no brainer. Pick up $5M, get some exposure across the pond, and build up an even bigger fight for a much bigger payday. This is almost as bad as when Haymon told Quillin to give up his belt to avoid a mandatory and at that time career high pay day of $1.4M to fight Korobov. Instead he went on to a draw with Lee and KO loss to Jacobs. Some of Haymon's biggest fighters aren't making more than $2M--Thurman, Garcia, Wilder, Quillin, Stevenson, and their careers haven't launched into the mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      Whyte will be getting 1.5 mill tops. Hearn is using him as a sacrificial lamb to promote Wilder to the UK market and to get buzz around AJ vs Wilder. Loads of people want to see AJ vs Whyte rematch.. If Wilder beats Whyte they'll all be asking for AJ vs Wilder.. If Whyte beats Wilder then he becomes a title holder and AJ vs Whyte rematch becomes a huge unification. Win win situation for Eddie Hearn.
      Whyte won't make that much, I read he took 250k to fight Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        It's literally the fastest route to AJ. Even faster than beating Parker. He beats white in front of 10s of thousands, gets UK exposure, makes 5 ****ING MILLION DOLLARS, and sets himself up for AJ next year. Where I'd the negative in this?
        It stands to reason Wilder is concerned with facing Whyte, he must view him as a potential banana skin. Wilder did look extremely poor in his last fight and as Arreola said his punches weren't as hurtful as Vitali Klitschko's, the power is obviously overrated.

He must realise struggling with guys like Washington he's reached his ceiling.

Comment

Unbelievable.
          How is it that Whyte can offer unbelievable amount of money
          and Wilder cannot? Wilder who is backed by the powerful Haymon, PBC and SHO?

In another area, Rigo got JayZ and Roc nation, yet he's also helpless
          and would rather just tweet, beg, beg, beg...
          Are these people just love playing victim?
          What are fans missing?

Comment

I don't know how strict the WBC are about Wilder fighting mandatory Stiverne next but unless he has something huge lined up this is gonna look bad on Wilder if he turns it down...

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              My guess is he must not want Joshua. A win over Whyte pushes him closer to a fight with Joshua, which Wilder says he wants but his actions are saying something different. This fight is a no brainer. Pick up $5M, get some exposure across the pond, and build up an even bigger fight for a much bigger payday. This is almost as bad as when Haymon told Quillin to give up his belt to avoid a mandatory and at that time career high pay day of $1.4M to fight Korobov. Instead he went on to a draw with Lee and KO loss to Jacobs. Some of Haymon's biggest fighters aren't making more than $2M--Thurman, Garcia, Wilder, Quillin, Stevenson, and their careers haven't launched into the mainstream.
              Certainly looks that way. I can't fathom why any top heavy would be worried about Whyte, the guy is basically Derick Chisora with a different face, extremely limited, crude, zero technical ability, out of shape, ugly and most importantly shyt.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                I don't know how strict the WBC are about Wilder fighting mandatory Stiverne next but unless he has something huge lined up this is gonna look bad on Wilder if he turns it down...
                Who cares. Joshua will be fighting Klitschko and Joshua over the next 12 months regardless unless Wilder decides to step up and help build towards a unification in the US.

Comment

Genius move by team Bronze-Bomber now Deontay has a precedent to tax Eddie Hearn in negotiations when its Joshua time : if you are offering me 4.5 for Anthony's leftovers its going to cost you around 20 million for A.J - I'm liking this power move, Eddie Hearn just got played.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                    Who cares. Joshua will be fighting Klitschko and Joshua over the next 12 months regardless unless Wilder decides to step up and help build towards a unification in the US.
                    Who cares about what? Wilder turning down Whyte? i don't get what part of my post you're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                      Who cares about what? Wilder turning down Whyte? i don't get what part of my post you're talking about.
                      I'm saying who cares if he looks bad, unless he steps up Joshua is gonna be busy for the next 12 months and Wilder will have missed the boat, in the mean time Parker will be busy facing the like of Hugh Furry, Whyte and Bellew and the UK fans will be clamouring for Joshua to avenge the Brit destroyer Parker.

Comment

Working...
                      X