Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev Vs Ward purses. Is this for real?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    That Kovalev number doesn't sound right. The Ward number is, that was talked about a couple days ago.
    Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Calling BS on that article. I've heard Steve Kim say Ward's guarantee with RN is $5mill, but he didn't have Kovalev's number. No way are they guaranteeing him $7mill. I figured maybe $3mill for Kovalev and that's probably including Russian/Euro tv money. And nobody at HBO would be dumb enough to project even over half a million for the ppv buys. Look at how poor these guys recent tv numbers have been. Ward had around 300k watch him on BET.

I think the ppv buys will be around 300k.
    Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    The article in the OP is from Nov 1... and there are no links to it in the media -- hence the credibility...
    Yeah, the Nov 1 date for this article made me wonder why Kovalev's (alleged) $7million guarantee wasn't mentioned in the article I read here about Ward's $5million guarantee from Roc.

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
      Kovalev and Ward are good but what the **** has Ward done to be #1? I'm a troll? How? Because i dont suck dick like you do and automatically call inactive fighters #1 because they won a fight? How can someone be #1 in a sport with a million weight classes you *******
      1) You don't seem to know what P4P means, it's a way of transcending weight classes to determine the best.

2) I say troll because all you do is troll and infect others with your negativity. I invite you to challenge yourself and post some enthusiastic, positive things once in a while. It feels damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
        I think the guaranteed purses and upsides are about right but I don't think the ppv sales will go over 900k or 1 mil tbh.. Mexicans, ricans are not gonna buy much if they don't have their guy in the ring .. I'm happy to be wrong though
        kafkod - does box nation air this or sky? And I think it's not ppv for you guys right?
        It's being screened by Sky Sports in the UK, but it's not PPV. Sky Sports subscribers will be able to watch it with no extra charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          1) You don't seem to know what P4P means, it's a way of transcending weight classes to determine the best.

2) I say troll because all you do is troll and infect others with your negativity. I invite you to challenge yourself and post some enthusiastic, positive things once in a while. It feels damn good.
          So say #1 in that class then, not the whole sport.

Like what? What should i post master? I post plenty of positives, i think Ward wins by a decision and i think Floyd is better than Pacquiao. Whats the problem? People suck Wards and Kovalevs balls but discredit Calzaghe in the same breath. Not too many things to be positive about on this weird site. Half the people here are ******s

Comment

No way does this fight to 1m buys.

I think about 1/3 of that would be in the right ballpark. I'd be shocked if it got close to 500k.

I find it hard to believe anybody at HBO seriously expects close to a million buys.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 11-17-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I honestly dont think it will pass 200k

Comment

this fight won't reach over 300K imo

Comment

People are saving money for Black Friday shopping, they aren't forking over money for this PPV. 350,000 - 450,000 buys.

Comment

I really have no idea how many PPVs this will sell. I really hope it does well because it's such a good fight and so very significant. My gut is less than 500k but who knows really. Boxing is in a down period though, so no one should be harsh on Ward or Kovalev if the numbers suck. I mean Pacquiao is only getting 300k for PPVs and ratings overall have been way down in 2017, so it is what it is.

As for the purses, I'm sure Roc Nation is paying Ward a minimum based on whatever prior agreements they have in place so they can take a loss and it's not that big of a deal. Kovalev though, there is simply no way he is guaranteed $7m minimum, Duva is not paying him that kind of cash out of pocket should this PPV flop, I serial doubt she has that kind of money to lose and she's smart enough to protect herself, so those numbers reported in the article is either inaccurate or misinformation.
                    Last edited by ИATAS; 11-17-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X