No announcement yet.

The Myth of Vitali's lesser resume

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Myth of Vitali's lesser resume

So, for anyone interested in some actual truth, instead of relentlessly repeated conventional wisdom with no logical support, check out the current Boxrec rankings for HW's. You'll notice that, even though Vitali is semi or perhaps entirely retired at this point, his victims make up 4 of the top 11 and Wlad's victims make up only 1 of the top 11. Assuming Chisora beats Gerber, as expected, VK's victim's will at that point make up 4 of the top 10 and not a single WK victim will be among them. Boxrec's not perfect, but it's the most scientific and accurate of all the major accepted ranking en******. Of course, this fails to account for VK's more lasting resume advantage over Wlad: decisively beating the two best non K's of the post Lewis era, Sanders and Peter, while WK lost to Sanders and struggled with Peter in his first bout. But it does show that even when VK is nearing or has already reached the end of his boxing career, his wins stack up favorably to Wlad's. I'm sure the haters who are incapable of a reasoned thought will flame on about this, but I'm equally sure they will fail to bring a single rational critique that in any way seriously dents the fact that VK at this point has an better resume than his brother and is a top 6 HW ATG. Anyway, let the braindrain flamers and the reasonable, real boxing fans comment.

Boxrec rankings

Comment

Boxrec rankings?? log off and never return man..Vitali's resume is weak and no1 can dispute that with a straight face

Comment

Wlads wins over Haye and Byrd are better then any wins Vitali has

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
          So, for anyone interested in some actual truth, instead of relentlessly repeated conventional wisdom with no logical support, check out the current Boxrec rankings for HW's. You'll notice that, even though Vitali is semi or perhaps entirely retired at this point, his victims make up 4 of the top 11 and Wlad's victims make up only 1 of the top 11. Assuming Chisora beats Gerber, as expected, VK's victim's will at that point make up 4 of the top 10 and not a single WK victim will be among them. Boxrec's not perfect, but it's the most scientific and accurate of all the major accepted ranking en******. Of course, this fails to account for VK's more lasting resume advantage over Wlad: decisively beating the two best non K's of the post Lewis era, Sanders and Peter, while WK lost to Sanders and struggled with Peter in his first bout. But it does show that even when VK is nearing or has already reached the end of his boxing career, his wins stack up favorably to Wlad's. I'm sure the haters who are incapable of a reasoned thought will flame on about this, but I'm equally sure they will fail to bring a single rational critique that in any way seriously dents the fact that VK at this point has an better resume than his brother and is a top 6 HW ATG. Anyway, let the braindrain flamers and the reasonable, real boxing fans comment.
          Sanders the best of the post Lewis era? When young and prime he was a 3rd tier HW, he didn't get any better with age.

Comment

Boxrec rankings.

Comment

Lol boxrec gtfo vitali has a horrible resume and his brother is leagues above him

Comment

I am a Klitschko fan and proud of it.. But at some point Vitali can't keep riding a loss to Lennox Lewis as his claim to being better than everyone else. His resume is weak in comparison to his brother's. Fighting Danny Williams in your prime is not the stuff of legends are made of.

Comment

no problem with the kbros but i stopped reading at boxrec lmao

Comment

well you checked boxrec, guess that solves everything.

Comment

Working...
                    X