No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner is Not Looking To Leave 135 Any Time Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
    Nobody is paying to see Gamboa or Burns either. The more attractive fights are Abril, Vasquez, and Gamboa. Ricky Burns is a big bum but I guess some people will be satisfied Broner fights someone close to his size that he still blows out of the water. I think Vasquez, who does have some pop actually, could knock Broner off if given the opportunity too. Thats the only lightweight that has a shot but Abril and Gamboa are still attractive fights. Not burns and rees beatdowns.
    Attractive and Vazquez in the same sentence. Abril for that matter too. Burns is no worse than these guys, more tv friendly for sure. They all get walked down

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Saying he'll beat gamboa isnt hype, its totally reasonable. Or are we gonna act like broner isn't much larger and are we gonna ignore how gamboa looked in.his last fight
      That's right, but saying Gamboa has zero chance is. I'd favor Broner comfortably, but we've never seen him against anyone close to Gamboa

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        A million or 2 a year should cover it right?
        Oh yeah? As long as it stays at 5, otherwise he might wanna have a talk with Holyfield.

Canelo is picking the toughest guys at his weight.
        meant "isn't", or being sarcastic? he's not even picking the best from 147 or 140

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          It's B.S. though. They can't REALLY make those weights. They drain themselves to make it. That's not what they are naturally. Broner really should be at 147. Bradley really should be a goddamn Middleweight or Jr. Middleweight at best. Homeboy walks around at 160/165 lbs! Weight divisions are a joke today. Haha.
          Bradley was 147 lbs in the ring vs Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Attractive and Vazquez in the same sentence. Abril for that matter too. Burns is no worse than these guys, more tv friendly for sure. They all get walked down
            I agree. Those are two boring fighters that would generate very little interest and very little competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              Lol so broner gets a pass on beating up dudes way too small for him but donaire gets absolutely crucified. Lol
              Arce outweighed Donaire by 7 lbs lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                This cat is talking about crushing dreams at 140 and dominating every division he is in, I think he would have no problem at all fighting Guerrero at 140 or 147 if he was as good as he says he is. He got quiet real quick and is now fighting a dude that is barely 5 feet tall.....come on, let's look at reality here.
                I'm sure his people have had everything planned out and never intended to fight just one time at 135. Broner was the one that got ahead of himself and said he could fight at any of those weights at any time. I'm sure his peeps told him to STFU and really, its all Broners fault. He made himself look stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  Oh yeah? As long as it stays at 5, otherwise he might wanna have a talk with Holyfield.

meant "isn't", or being sarcastic? he's not even picking the best from 147 or 140
                  Believe me, its not HE that's making those decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                    hater!
                    whens the last time ginger actually fought a champ? or any one in the top 3 of his division......callate guey!
                    Im not saying Canelo doesn't deserve critcism until he steps it up, but you can't criticize Canelo and turn around and give Broner props when his opposition has been suspect and he fights small guys.

All Im saying is you can't criticize one and turn around and give the other credit when they are in similar situations.

They both deserve the same form of criticism. Canelo has tried to step up and unfortunatelty these fights have not worked out.

I dont think I am way off base for saying they deserve the same criticism.

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                      Im not saying Canelo doesn't deserve critcism until he steps it up, but you can't criticize Canelo and turn around and give Broner props when his opposition has been suspect and he fights small guys.
                      Broner got his belt by beating the #1 guy at 135. Did Canelo get his belt by beating the #1 guy at 154?

Comment

Working...
                      X