Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Bernard Hopkins get a pass for his overt racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all old people are racist. they're from a different era so we let it slide.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
      "whiteboys" enslaved Bernard's great grand parents so ofcourse he has the right to talk like that. I give him a pass.
      Bullshit, that was so long ago it doesn't even effect him. It's probably because they enslaved his mother's pussy.

Comment

cos hes black. How is that not obvious?

Comment

Because he's absolutely hilarious.Hopkins doesn't need to say anything,his facial mannerisms are enough to make anyone laugh.

Hopkins comes from a different era,a different environment,with a different mindset.Working class people from that era,regardless of skin colour,were open to discussing racial matters.

Thirty years ago white comedians were given a national platform to base an entire act on telling about ethnic minorities.Richard Pryor became a worldwide star on making fun of the "honkies".

People these days are way too sensitive about race these days.And even if Hoppy was a racist,more respect to him for being overt rather than covert about it.

Comment

He's being himself and he has never not been. People that are true to themselves can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
              "I would never let a whiteboy beat me"

"Listen this ain't a racial thing, but then again, maybe it is. But the style that is embedded in most us black fighters, that style could be a problem to any other style of fighting."

"Maybe I'm biased because I'm black"....

All Soapy quotes.

What would happen if Adamek or the Klitschko's said this, or how bout Pavlik?

And why doesn't the media and the people doing these interviews with this racist call him out on it?

Is this a clear double standard here or what?
              because he is old and he is black. and he has the nuts and balls to call out anyone.

whereas.... oh nevermind floyd

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
                Hopkins was never anyones slave, he's just a hypocrite who likes to use the victim crutch when its advantageous for him.

He whines about race at every turn while at the same time making a nice living from the system he claims is against him.
                he doesn't have to be a slave

neither of us know what kind of racism he might have faced growing up in the 70s in america

its easy to just say all black people are whinners and they should get over themselves, when you haven't walked in his shoes.

Comment

I thought you knew? According to the NAACP, black people can't be racist.

Comment

Working...
                  X