No announcement yet.

The Crow Is Back With Redemption In Mind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Crow Is Back With Redemption In Mind

MONTREAL (CANADA) – TKO is thrilled to announce DAVID LOISEAU has officially signed to fight JOE RIGGS at UFC 51 on February 5th, 2005 at the Mandalay Bay Event and Convention Center. This announcement coupled with the return of Georges St-Pierre, Patrick Côté and Mark Hominick at TKO 19 are evidence of the continued strides Canadian MMA is making on the international scene. What more can the Canadian MMA fan ask for? The best of Canada are fighting both at home in front of their loyal fan base and abroad available via pay-per-view on the ultimate stage of mixed martial arts combat, the UFC!

UFC 51 will be the return to the octagon of one of the best Canadian fighter in MMA history, DAVID “THE CROW” LOISEAU (11-4-0). Stephane Patry explains, “It was hard for me to be unable to explain to the fans why Loiseau wasn’t able to fight on my TKO 18 card. I sincerely hope people will understand that I made the decision I felt was best for all parties concerned. As a promoter, it was heart-breaking not to have my superstar competing at my event. But, it was the only decision I could make as a manager responsible for Loiseau’s best interests. We do not believe in giving our fighters easy opponents at TKO. To match Loiseau up against a top notch opponent at this juncture, with his chance to return to the octagon on the line, would have been foolish and we were not willing to take that chance. Some may have been disappointed not to see Loiseau in action at TKO 18 however we believe the long run benefits here far outweigh the short term costs.”

Loiseau will face an opponent who many consider to be the future of the middleweight division, JOE RIGGS (21-5-0). Riggs is a young and exciting fighter who has been knocking out all of his opponents since dropping down to the middleweight class. Speaking of this fight David commented, “This is more important to me then a championship fight! I am fighting to win back the respect that I lost from some people after my last UFC appearance. I not only fight for myself, but I fight for Joe Doerksen, Georges St-Pierre and Patrick Côté. These Canadians fought their hearts out in their most recent UFC appearances! Yet, many fans refuse to recognize us Canadians as world class fighters. I believe that this fight is going to open many people’s eyes”.

Both fighters are very entertaining, but Riggs is the stronger one in this match up. Riggs by G'n P IMO.

Comment

I have a feeling The Crow is going to sub Riggs.

Comment

Doerkson couldn't sub him

Comment

Steibling did.

Comment

Yeah but you have to beat Alex to death before he'll give up.... should be a good fight anyway

Comment

Working...
            X