No announcement yet.

last 3 lbs!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last 3 lbs!!!

I am a female amateur boxer, and my fight is coming up this Saturday. I have been 110 lbs class for the last 3 tournaments but this time I just can’t lose weight.
    I am now 114- 115 and I need to be 112 by Saturday 2:00 p.m. (1/4 final)
    I think my body got so used to the low calorie diet and everyday’s hard work out that nothing is working any more. I eat normally 1200 cal. Tons of veggie and protein like turkey breast, tofu and beans. I tried 5x a day meal, but it didn’t help. I had a weigh- in 2 weeks ago, and I was 2 lbs over, so I had to do jump rope for 1 hour and half in sauna suits to make weight. Now I have a problem with my foot (bunion and ball of the foot are in pain), so I can’t run or jump rope anymore. I must have hurt them from the long hour jumping rope at the weigh- in.
    Now I don’t know what to do. I go to the gym 4x a week, and by the time I get home it’s after 10:30, so eating that late must be bad for losing weight. But I get up in the middle of night from hunger.
    I am sure 1200 cal intake is not good for someone who works out every day. When I go to the gym I work out twice- 30 min. in the morning and 1-2 hours in the gym.
    My plan now is that I go to the gym today (Wednesday) and tomorrow, and rest Friday and fight on Saturday. Friday and Saturday starve & dehydrate myself. In the gym I will have to wear sauna suits and lose some water weight. This morning I was so tired that I fell asleep in sauna ( I have a sauna in my building) for 30 minutes. I got freaked out for that. I am really worn out and stressed. I am so close to give up. This will be my last tournament, but I don’t know how much longer I can take this. No food, can’t run, still overweight, can’t sleep and hard work out for 2 more days. Shall I just not do anything until the fight and stay in bed? I also heard at very end of making weight, one must consider the weight of the food. Even though vegetables have low calorie, it has tons of water, and I eat literally a whole head of lettuce to make me full.
    Please advise me. Any help, encouragement will be appreciated. And if losing water is the only thing left for me, please advise how to do it properly. I put one Albolene on my body and wear the suits directly and tie sleeves and ankles. Can I drink water during the day? I hear lots of water throughout the day helps losing weight, but if I try to lose water from the body, isn’t there a conflict? Thank you so much in advance.

I think it is possible you injured the ball of your foot because you may already be dehydrated....5 days before a contest bodybuilders eat dry foods and refrain from drinking water and then do something called soduim loading...they really remove all excess water from their bodys and the first thing that begins to hurt are the bottom of their feet since there is no water to help absorb the shock from walking....

You should first start by seeing if you are dehydrated by pinching your bottom eyelid...if it stays in the pinched position after you let go you are dehydrated....If your urine is yellow and smells foul thats another sign...

This is the thing, most people your weight have about 4 lbs they can lose from water weight at any given time. But this should only be done if they are in good condition....I wouldnt advise you to do this since you may already be dehydrated and malnutritioned.....

If you are not dehydrated then you may want to try refraining from water 18 hrs before weigh in and also cardio or sauna pre weigh in......

Check first to see if you are dehydrated......and let us know

Comment

just one quick note. You said you were eating a full head of lettuce. Lettuce an awseom food but it is known as a ruf***e food, meaning it expands the stomach, this may be one of the reasons your still so hungry later on in the night. Lettuce also holds alot of water in it, I would eat more lean meats, citrus fruits, and green tea. Don't starve yourself, you need the energy to train and loose the acess weight. Not sure if what I said helps at all, but good luck.

Comment

you must have hit the infamous plateau

Carbo cycling, now that really works! ( but only when you hit a plateau or if you are on a low cal diet for a minimum of 2 months)

2 days in a row make your last carbs lunch time (complex carbs)
        re feed on third day with GOOD complex carbs all day.
        4th and 5th day no carbs after lunch,....and so on for a MAX of 2 weeks. Your weight will drop in scary amounts, promise

Comment

never starve your body.

if you don't eat, your body will get the fuel from your muscles and NEVER from your fat or stored fat. You might lose weight but that weight loss is not from fat but muscle. Our body is smart. It will hold on to the fat to protect your organs. Eat normal but below your resting metabolic rate and you will lose "fat"

i suggest you do a lot of research on the net, especially in the body building forums, these guys know.

www.bodybuilding.com

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
            I think it is possible you injured the ball of your foot because you may already be dehydrated....5 days before a contest bodybuilders eat dry foods and refrain from drinking water and then do something called soduim loading...they really remove all excess water from their bodys and the first thing that begins to hurt are the bottom of their feet since there is no water to help absorb the shock from walking....

You should first start by seeing if you are dehydrated by pinching your bottom eyelid...if it stays in the pinched position after you let go you are dehydrated....If your urine is yellow and smells foul thats another sign...

This is the thing, most people your weight have about 4 lbs they can lose from water weight at any given time. But this should only be done if they are in good condition....I wouldnt advise you to do this since you may already be dehydrated and malnutritioned.....

If you are not dehydrated then you may want to try refraining from water 18 hrs before weigh in and also cardio or sauna pre weigh in......

Check first to see if you are dehydrated......and let us know

Thank you so much for your advice.
            You are so knowledgeable. You gave me a hope again!

I just pinched under my bottom eye lids on both sides and they went back flat immediately. So I think I am hydrated. I have been drinking water, tea and green juice (from formulated powder). I haven’t done any dehydration yet. I am planning to do it tonight by wearing a sauna suits while I am training in the gym, but I am not sure what to do after that- drink or not? Refrain from watery veggies like leafy greens or not?
            Girls have weigh in first and then get separated into classes depending on the weight (Some of them claims the weight they want to beYou are so knowledgeable. You gave me a hope again!

I just pinched under my bottom eye lids on both sides and they went back flat immediately. So I think I am hydrated. I have been drinking water, tea and green juice (from formulated powder). I haven’t done any dehydration yet. I am planning to do it tonight by wearing a sauna suits while I am training in the gym, but I am not sure what to do after that- drink or not? Refrain from watery veggies like leafy greens or not?
            Girls have weigh in first and then get separated into classes depending on the weight (Some of them claims the weight they want to be ). It was 2 weeks ago, and I stopped eating and drinking at 8:00 p.m. the night before and the weigh in was at 5:00 p.m. next day (21 hours no food no liquid). I probably lost 1.5 lbs at most from that. So I can’t count on 4 lbs. I am 5’ 4” and quite muscular. I gain muscle quite easily. I think my bones are heavy side- hope you know what I mean, not skinny fragile flame. When I reach 110 or under my body gets totally ripped. No fat at all. Once I was down to 105 lbs and my body fat was under 10% according to the Tanita’s body fat scale. I was no longer woman. Brrrrrr….

I also have problems with bowel movements. ( I am sorry… I have to tell you everything! Feel like I am talking to a doctor) I eat tones of fiber, but it doesn’t seem working. So I have to have a dieter’s tea with senna in it. I do it normally a few days before the fight, because as soon as I drink the tea I have to stay by bathroom. From that I lose probably 1 lb. But again this time tea didn’t make me go. Things that worked 5 months ago doesn’t seem to work at ALL.

So what do I do now? The connection between dehydration and my foot pain make so much sense. I was dehydrated that day and it was long jumping on the hard floor- concrete.
            I feel like making weight is the goal. What about the fight???

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDynamite View Post
              never starve your body.

if you don't eat, your body will get the fuel from your muscles and NEVER from your fat or stored fat. You might lose weight but that weight loss is not from fat but muscle. Our body is smart. It will hold on to the fat to protect your organs. Eat normal but below your resting metabolic rate and you will lose "fat"

i suggest you do a lot of research on the net, especially in the body building forums, these guys know.

www.bodybuilding.com
              Thanks for your advice. I know starving is no good, but at this point I only have 4 days including today. This Saturday is my fight and I don't want to do "making weight" on the day in front of my opponent.
              Beside, I don't think I can jump rope 1 hour like last time. My feet can't take that.
              I also don't have much fat to lose...sad as a woman.

I will check out the site you mentioned. Thanks!

p.s. What's your #1 good complex carbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Rane-Ex54 View Post
                just one quick note. You said you were eating a full head of lettuce. Lettuce an awseom food but it is known as a ruf***e food, meaning it expands the stomach, this may be one of the reasons your still so hungry later on in the night. Lettuce also holds alot of water in it, I would eat more lean meats, citrus fruits, and green tea. Don't starve yourself, you need the energy to train and loose the acess weight. Not sure if what I said helps at all, but good luck.
                Oh no! I always suspected the amont of lettuce and greeen leaves I have been eating might be the cause. I eat a lot of veggies. Tons of tons of veggies. I knew this can't be right, but to fill me up and stay in low calorie, this was the only solution I had... 3 oz chicken breast vs 2 heads of lettuce. I picked lettuce.
                Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I just recently had the Golden Gloves. I was originally going to go in at 132 but another fighter from my gym said he was going to make 132. When I fought years ago(Took 7 years off because of a car accident) I fought at 119, so I told him I would go in at 125.

I had to lose 15 lbs for the fight. The first 5-8 lbs shredded off fast, but after that I was starting to rebuild muscle and the weight loss really slowed down. With a week and half left to my fight I was still weighing at 131-132. I would wake up and eat two boiled eggs and a can of tuna(Right out of the can).

I would goto the gym and put on Aboline(It is a women skin care product, old school training method. It opens up your pores, almost like vasoline, get it at Rite-Aid or any pharmacy). So I would put that on, then a regular white-t, a trash bag over that, and then my sweat suit I use. I would do 15 minutes straight on the jump rope doing 30 second sprints every two minutes.

After that I did my five rounds of shadow boxing, and then threw my gloves on and hit the heavy bag doing sprints for five more rounds.

At my gym we have a inclined tredmill that is not power operated, and also a old stair climber. I would do 3 rounds each switching after every round. After this I would go on the pads for about 4-6 rounds.

I did this routine for a few days and noticed I was only losing 1/2 lb to a lb a night, and just regaining it when I went home and had another two eggs and tuna.

So I switched up my eating regiment a bit. I did the same thing when I woke up with two hard boiled eggs and tuna. But right before gym I would eat a decent meal. Some chicken usually. I wouldnt fill myself to the point where I am full, just to the point where I feel good and not hungry anymore.

I would go down the gym and do the same workout I was doing when I wasnt really eating, and I would shred 2 or so lbs a night. Go home and eat something small for the rest of the night right after gym, since your body is still burning fat after a work out.

Just make sure when you eat, you eat. Dont eat something, then snack. Eat your meal, and be done with it. Don't eat again untill the next meal. Forget juices and everything, drink just water.

I had my fight Tuesday, I went down the gym Friday weighing 131 and trained through Monday. I weighed in on the scales at 125. It can be done.

Also since you are having problems with your foot. Rather then doing the skip rope, try using a bike.

Comment

Thanks for your detailed advice. It is really encouraging. I don't eat refined carbs, even good carbs in the morning I train in the gym. Only white meat, no juice. Legume, veggies and some fruits total 1200 cal/ day. I think for active person like me, 1200 is pretty low. I should shed more, which I did before. This time... nothing. I tried 5x a day meal, but you mentioned no snacks. Even though it's 5x, extra 2 is fruits with cottage cheese or that type of thing. Do you still call it snacks?
                    Anyway I am going to the gym and workout without sauna suit. I have been using a bike, but not as effective as running, but it maybe my imagination.
                    Thanks again. I will read your advice again tonight.
                    By the way how did the fight go?

Comment

Working...
                    X