No announcement yet.

If you are mad about May-Mcg, boxing did this to itself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are mad about May-Mcg, boxing did this to itself

Gone are the days where we had Mike Tyson at the top of the sport, or other such flagbearers.

Nowadays the top guys are boring in the ring, and have zero personality.

I mean the marquee fight is GGG-Canelo

Well both these guys are kind of exciting in the ring but my god they have no personality between them!!!

Oh and guess what, the fight is happening 2 years too late and not when both men were in their primes but when one of them is clearly slipping.... sound familiar?

If it ain't robberies or dodgy **** it's plain old boredom these days

You yanks cant even get out there and support your boy wilder, and no matter my opinion of him, he's one of you, he carries your flag and he brings the ko's. What more you want?

So get used to these freakshow style fights because it's pretty much the only way anyones gonna see big money these days

unless their name is anthony joshua of course.

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
    Gone are the days where we had Mike Tyson at the top of the sport, or other such flagbearers.

Well both these guys are kind of exciting in the ring but my god they have no personality between them!!!

Oh and guess what, the fight is happening 2 years too late and not when both men were in their primes but when one of them is clearly slipping.... sound familiar?

You yanks cant even get out there and support your boy wilder, and no matter my opinion of him, he's one of you, he carries your flag and he brings the ko's. What more you want?

So get used to these freakshow style fights because it's pretty much the only way anyones gonna see big money these days

Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder, for the undisputed heavyweight championship is going to be the next blockbuster fight, and that's likely to be eyed for November/December 2018.

Comment

Comment

AJ is here to save us. But really, May/Pac almost killed the US PPV market AND it turned all these b listers into money whores, fighting once a year and acting like their stars but they cant draw flies to ****.

Comment

First of all **** Mayweather and McGrrrrrgor, no real boxing fan is excited about that fight only marks are posting in those **** threads.

Now let me telling you something m8! we got bigger things going on over here on this side of the pond my friend, the 'World-Series of baseball' ' Super-bowl' 'NBA-Play off' ' Stanley-Cup' boxing don't even get any headlines on our sports channels ( well I'm wrong this circus-show is ) what I'm saying is we got big things poppin, but you wankers in the UK have nothing going on but a lousy hype-job name Anthony Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            First of all **** Mayweather and McGrrrrrgor, no real boxing fan is excited about that fight only marks are posting in those **** threads.

Now let me telling you something m8! we got bigger things going on over here on this side of the pond my friend, the 'World-Series of baseball' ' Super-bowl' 'NBA-Play off' ' Stanley-Cup' boxing don't even get any headlines on our sports channels ( well I'm wrong this circus-show is ) what I'm saying is we got big things poppin, but you wankers in the UK have nothing going on but a lousy hype-job name Anthony Joshua.
            Sports nobody cares about except Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
              Sports nobody cares about except Americans.
              Like anyone else matters.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Like anyone else matters.
                true.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                  true.

Comment

I agree. When Floyd retired the #1 spot was open for 2 years and nobody separated themselves from the pack in boxing. If there was a boxing star around Floyd's weight class that was as popular as Conor he would be fighting them.

Comment

Working...
                    X