Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the WBSS better than the Super six?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the WBSS better than the Super six?

I think the wbss seems better than the average six and herea why.........

.......and what are your thoughts?

Of course it's better. It's technically 2 Super Eights.

Comment

it's not even remotely close. super 6 went on for years and was marred by injuries, replacements and losers still being in the tournament...

This tournament there are no losers only winners get to fight on...how a tournament should be.

Comment

If we talk about super middleweight, No. Andre Ward was accepted as the best super middleweight of the world after winning the tournament so, can we say the same for this tournament winner? I think its ''No''.

Just cruiserweight fights excites me.

Comment

Definitely WBSS is better. Once I heard of the quarter finals round robin format to the Super Six I knew I wasn't gonna love that tournament as much as the standard single elimination tournament. And the one night tournaments are fun, but they always come off as amateur hour-ish to me.

I'd even go so far as saying the 200lb tournament lineup-wise is the best tournament ever put together in boxing history. I certainly can't think of such a murderers row of top fighters all in one tournament like it.

Comment

The super six had the bigger names but all of the injuries and the addition of Green and Glen Johnson made it weird. This will probably end up to be more successful.

Comment

Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
              If we talk about super middleweight, No. Andre Ward was accepted as the best super middleweight of the world after winning the tournament so, can we say the same for this tournament winner? I think its ''No''.

Just cruiserweight fights excites me.
              Actually belive it or not that only happened when Froch bludgeoned Bute

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                Actually belive it or not that only happened when Froch bludgeoned Bute
                Wasn't Bute supposed to be like the final level boss type guy for after the series back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Wasn't Bute supposed to be like the final level boss type guy for after the series back then?
                  Hell no

Bute was considered a joke for not fighting the real players. And then he was given help by his hometown ref

Bute had a very suspect resume and everyone knew what his strategy was. Let the guys in the SS beat up on each other, he takes the easy touches and then gets lucky against the winner

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                    I think the wbss seems better than the average six and herea why.........

.......and what are your thoughts?
                    The SS was better than this versions of the SMW tourney

A better tourney would've been at 175:

Dvod
                    Kovalev
                    Ward
                    Beterbiev
                    Stevenson
                    Browne
                    Bivoli
                    Barerra

Comment