Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not care about sovereignty. I'd rather have some Mandarin in Brussels control the fate of the UK than Boris Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I don't know if the UK is the 'greatest' in europe, but you can be of the opinion that the great nations of Europe (and consequently all nations) should make their own decisions. A nice thought.

Just bear in mind that the EU is the main reason as to why there's been so Little conflict in europe since WW2. In fact that's the main reason IMO for the EU to exist.

If no EU there would be a significantly higher risk of conflict and surely a significant drop in Growth and wealth.
      The conditions that you cite for the need of the EU NO LONGER EXIST.

There is no more Hitler trying to invade the world.

and of course the UK is greatest nation in Europe. Why even bother arguing such things?

That's like the Brits trying to argue that they are better than America.

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
      I do not care about sovereignty. I'd rather have some Mandarin in Brussels control the fate of the UK than Boris Johnson.
      well that's because you're a pathetic libtard beta bosh bukake boy cuck connoisseur.

no offense.

Comment

• Voted remain if only because it felt like the right thing to do as opposed to take a leap in the dark.

That said all types of people are pissing me off now. Calling vote outers idiots and saying they did so because of jingoistic nonsense. I have no doubt the vast majority of outers did so because they felt it was the right thing to do. Leaving the European Union was an agenda previously pushed by the left and then suddenly we had that cause taken up by died-in-the-wool Tories. The whole thing was so confusing.

Essentially we weren't ready for a referendum were we? It is an issue stepped in Economics and hardly any of us know our Arsenal from our elbow with it. I certainly don't.

On the positive side this is some pretty gold standard democracy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mash121 View Post
          On what basis? Pure skepticism that holds zero substance.

Britain will remain a strong functional nation with its own destiny like many other nations.

There is nothing to be afraid of. This wasn't about immigration, this was about Britain having their own say on politics.

The ties can still remain strong among European nations. Its time for important negotiations.
          Zero substance. Wtf? It could be anything. Maybe North sea oil. Arctic ressources. Taxes and customs. The Places where conflicts can arise is immense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
            well that's because you're a pathetic libtard beta bosh bukake boy cuck connoisseur.

no offense.
            Why do I have more in common with the electorate in Sunderland than Madrid? Based on the way it went last night, I don't feel I do.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Voted remain if only because it felt like the right thing to do as opposed to take a leap in the dark.

That said all types of people are pissing me off now. Calling vote outers idiots and saying they did so because of jingoistic nonsense. I have no doubt the vast majority of outers did so because they felt it was the right thing to do. Leaving the European Union was an agenda previously pushed by the left and then suddenly we had that cause taken up by died-in-the-wool Tories. The whole thing was so confusing.

Essentially we weren't ready for a referendum were we? It is an issue stepped in Economics and hardly any of us know our Arsenal from our elbow with it. I certainly don't.

On the positive side this is some pretty gold standard democracy.
            The referendum was based on feeling rather than facts. Leave voters ignored the economic implications, ignored the fact that the government can't actually do much about immigration, ignored the fact that immigrants in the UK are not the reason there is strain on public services, ignored the fact that their own constituencies receive large amounts of EU money.

The right wing media has sold the working class a lie, and they will be the ones to suffer. It happened before when they voted for cuts, and it'll happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              The conditions that you cite for the need of the EU NO LONGER EXIST.

There is no more Hitler trying to invade the world.
              1: Perhaps not now, but what about in 10-20 years?
              2: There has been many wars where Hitler didn't participate. 500 years of constant wars in Europe. 60 years without.

and of course the UK is greatest nation in Europe. Why even bother arguing such things?

I wouldn't mind argue that with some posters. Not you though.

That's like the Brits trying to argue that they are better than America.

Comment

• **** me, Cameron's resigned.

What the Hell's going on?

Can we still go in the tunnel to France? Do I have to get new permissions when I want to go to Amsterdam?

Comment

• Did Britain leave NATO too ?

Sounds like ww3 is about to break out!!

Once the dust settles which will be years, I doubt that much will change really.

Deals will be done on an individual basis that will be similar to what's in place now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    Did Britain leave NATO too ?

Sounds like ww3 is about to break out!!

Once the dust settles which will be years, I doubt that much will change really.

Deals will be done on an individual basis that will be similar to what's in place now.
                    No, we're still in NATO.

We just stopped financing the EU gravy train.

Comment

• £350 million a week saved or £170 odd million depending on who you believe.

We'll see what happens.

If I end up eating spam I'll know we've fu.cked up.

We could have at least had this poxy referendum after we went on our summer hols.

Comment

Working...
                      X