Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever notice how dumb people are overconfident?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever notice how dumb people are overconfident?

I stumbled onto this when I was looking for something yesterday and thought it was interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect

"The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein persons of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, by mistakenly assessing their ability as greater than their actual capability. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability people to recognize their ineptitude, without which they cannot accurately evaluate their actual competence."

If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough!

I think the less you know sometimes, the better off you are. Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Whenever you start realizing how dumb and much you don't know, then you can say you have somewhat of an intellictual mind.

Comment

Lower IQ, and all that comes a result from it. Generally why the trash of humanity are the ****iest.

For example:

Comment

I pretty much agree with what you guys are saying.

The description talks about how more intelligent people tend to underrate their competency.

I think more intelligent people need to be confident and assertive to stem the tide of loud idiots who have gained too much cultural currency.

Comment

That explains so much about this place where if you can see middleground or the greyness in any black vs white argument people think you are being a b^tch lol.

Comment

Sometimes, people with high IQs tend to over-analyze things. I see this every day where I work. They will over think things and it takes way too long to make a decision.

It should come as no surprise that a majority of people in this world are low IQ...look who and what dominates television ratings, music charts, politics on either side, and all of the pseudo intellects spewing the news.

Book smarts also doesn't equate to common sense, life skills and street smarts. There are different types of intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                That explains so much about this place where if you can see middleground or the greyness in any black vs white argument people think you are being a b^tch lol.
                It can be hard to have an interesting conversation on here most of the time

It's funny, because in real terms, it can be lead to success. In terms of career and women, you can get pretty far purely on confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  Sometimes, people with high IQs tend to over-analyze things. I see this every day where I work. They will over think things and it takes way too long to make a decision.

It should come as no surprise that a majority of people in this world are low IQ...look who and what dominates television ratings, music charts, politics on either side, and all of the pseudo intellects spewing the news.

Book smarts also doesn't equate to common sense, life skills and street smarts. There are different types of intelligence.
                  I agree with all of that. I think it is trouble at both ends of the spectrum presented in the link. Idiots can be useful. Self-doubting and cowardly people can be a waste of time no matter how sharp they may be.

I think we are talking about different sets of virtues here. Ideally, a person would have both intelligence and the capacity to act confidently and take chances.

Intelligence doesn't seem to translate easily into action for many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post

Intelligence doesn't seem to translate easily into action for many people.
                    I read somewhere recently that people with high intelligence are often lazy, and thus underachievers.

Not sure how true that is, however.

Comment

Working...
                    X