Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which opponent is better opportunity for a young Champion, Pac or May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which opponent is better opportunity for a young Champion, Pac or May?

Theres always rumors as to who Pac and May should fight next, who they are looking to fight next, or was offered to fight them next etc... But if a young Champ (present day 140-147) were given the opportunity to fight either guy, which one would be the better choice for their career? Please explain...
    Pacquiao
    60.00%
    Mayweather
    30.00%
    Neither, better choice would be... Explain
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

pacquiao, cause even mayweather as an old man is good enough to beat any of this current welter bunch

Comment

Honestly, Mayweather is. You get more exposure, probably more money and less chance of getting hurt during the fight.

Comment

For sure Manny. I think Manny is the lower hanging fruit right now. And thats not to say he's low hanging fruit in the standard cuz most of the guys who've beat him are legends in the game or beat him when he was a much smaller guy & still learning the game, but Mayweather hasn't lost at all. I'd also say you'd wanna go with Manny cuz win or lose it'll likely be a more entertaining fight where even if you lose the fight it'll be more memorable, you'll probably have more moments & you won't look as dominated if you don't win. I do think the rub you get for fighting Floyd is better as mentioned already. I mean somehow Victor Ortiz has parlayed a KO L to Floyd into an outside the ring career. Thats nuts. Meanwhile Brandon Rios & Chris Algieri received little bump up in public perception with their Manny L's. I'm sure there are other factors for either guy, but overall I think these are among the biggest ones & the overall edge is still saying that Manny would make the most sense for the Thurman's, Crawford's or Brook's right now.

Comment

obv floyd.. taking away that 0 would be legendary

Comment

Mayweather has the torch so beating him advances your career and makes you a worldwide superstar.

Beating Pacquiao will get you nothing but excuses and death threats on Instagram.

Comment

both dez men b king in their time, just so happen my homie the real deal, p4p no.1 TBE beat Pacmans ass all ova las vegas. so now, if yall wana be DA MAN at welterweight yall gots to beat mayweather.

Comment

Mayweather,,,

Brings more money, more exposure..

Plus you will be the FIRST to beat floyd, not the SEVENTH like manny

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  Theres always rumors as to who Pac and May should fight next, who they are looking to fight next, or was offered to fight them next etc... But if a young Champ (present day 140-147) were given the opportunity to fight either guy, which one would be the better choice for their career? Please explain...
                  if the fight is in vegas, go pac.......

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
                    Honestly, Mayweather is. You get more exposure, probably more money and less chance of getting hurt during the fight.
                    But they lose , thats the difference between them , Manny has been KOed and beat like 5 times the top guys like Crawford etc have more chance to beat Manny in a spectacular way then they have with Floyd .

But with Floyd they get the bigger reward and the notoriety for beating him would blow the lid off boxing as he is an undefeated AGT and currently a iconic figure in boxing , thats why everybody wants to fight him nobody cares but the extreme Pac fanboys if Manny got beat , while Manny is still a boxing icon Floyd is the biggest scalp in boxing .

Winning is what keeps fighters relevant and the current WWs cant beat Floyd so its a catch 22 , go for it and suffer the loss or fight Manny where its very possible to take him out , the fighters would probably want Floyd but their managers might think beating Manny is better than losing to Floyd .

Comment

Working...
                    X