Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mayweather-GGG @ 154 > Cotto vs Canelo on 2 May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mayweather vs GGG

Comment

Yeah, I would be more interested in floyd/GGG than I would be cotto/canelo..

Comment

it's funny how people think GGG is a bigger guy than Canelo, they're both built practically identical with GGG having a few inches of height (which is meaningless if both guys weigh the same)

Look at GGG's fight-night weights, then look at Canelo's.

Canelo vs Trout 172
        Canelo vs Angulo 174
        Canelo vs Mayweather 165

They're the same ****ing size, except Canelo is younger and fresher and hasn't even hit his prime yet, whereas GGG is leaving his prime

The reason Floyd fans didn't care so much about the Canelo fight was because he wasn't on the A-Level yet (green), whereas GGG has established himself as being a great fighter (you can pick apart his resume, but he isn't going life and death with these guys, he's obliterating them which is exactly what a great fighter should do)

Floyd vs GGG is a risky fight for Floyd, and it's not because GGG is "too big doe". It's because GGG has talent to go along with his size.

With that said, and after seeing Floyd be able to deal with someone bigger and stronger than he is, this isn't a guaranteed win for GGG as a lot of people try to make it out, they're just terrified of Floyd getting laid out on the canvas because of a queer as fuck man-crush.

This would be a great fight

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          it's funny how people think GGG is a bigger guy than Canelo, they're both built practically identical with GGG having a few inches of height (which is meaningless if both guys weigh the same)

Look at GGG's fight-night weights, then look at Canelo's.

Canelo vs Trout 172
          Canelo vs Angulo 174
          Canelo vs Mayweather 165

They're the same ****ing size, except Canelo is younger and fresher and hasn't even hit his prime yet, whereas GGG is leaving his prime

The reason Floyd fans didn't care so much about the Canelo fight was because he wasn't on the A-Level yet (green), whereas GGG has established himself as being a great fighter (you can pick apart his resume, but he isn't going life and death with these guys, he's obliterating them which is exactly what a great fighter should do)

Floyd vs GGG is a risky fight for Floyd, and it's not because GGG is "too big doe". It's because GGG has talent to go along with his size.

With that said, and after seeing Floyd be able to deal with someone bigger and stronger than he is, this isn't a guaranteed win for GGG as a lot of people try to make it out, they're just terrified of Floyd getting laid out on the canvas because of a queer as fuck man-crush.

This would be a great fight
          Agreed.

I hate to say it but, if Pac-Mayweather isn't made, this is the ONLY fight that can compete with Canelo-Cotto on May 2nd.

Comment

You know, after thinking about it, hypothetically...if (big if) the stars align and for whatever reason Floyd/GGG were to happen, then I could possibly see it being more of a seller than Khan vs Floyd...based on the strong belief that Mexicans will surely rally behind GGG. It didn't dawn on me until now. I could very easily envision a viral marketing campaign and memes and word-of-mouth selling this fight with the whole "deez noht game, deez box. Mexican style. Present for my fans."

Comment

Working...
            X