Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a feeling Money's last 4 opponents in order will be Khan, Garcia, Bradley, Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed & average ring iq is what made me laugh at the people who thought Ortiz, Canelo & Guerrero stood a chance. Those types are his Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by TonitosWay View Post
      Speed & average ring iq is what made me laugh at the people who thought Ortiz, Canelo & Guerrero stood a chance. Those types are his Rios.
      Difference is those guys were all coming off wins and were highly ranked in those weight classes, and were considered good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        At the the moment, Mayweather does not have many options to uphold his remaining deal with Showtime and make big bucks.

1) Amir Khan isnt very hot at the moment, but has one of the better resumes of any fighter fighting at 140-154. Although he has talent, he is vunerable and makes tactical errors. With his speed, movement, and jab and combinations I can see the fight going to ways.

a) I mid-to-late stoppage for Mayweather b) a tougher than expected Dec. win where his late fight surge and adaptability chips away at Amir's early leadMoney wise it is the biggest fight he could make outside of Pacquaio with percieved less risk but people are underrating Khan

2) Garcia has all but cleaned out 140....I can see him defending his title for the last time at 140 or moving up to 147 for a fight with say Shawn Porter or the winner of Maidana-Broner. Either way if he wins those fights it would Lead to a unification fight with Floyd.

Although Garcia has good credentials and has done nothing but win, he is the easiest fight style-wise for floyd. Throws wide shots and not the hardest to hit. He has a lot of heart but I see a a wide UD win for Money

3) By 2015, Bradley's contract with Arum will be over and provided he is still undefeated and a title holder, it will be easy to make the fight. I see him making Floyd work. He wont outbox Floyd or outpunch him....If he tries to outwork him it will open him up to clean counter shots. In a competitive fight Mayweather wins a close but clear decision.

The fight everyone is waiting for will be Made in 2015

4) Pacquaio will be a free agent and lobbying for the biggest payday of his life. No Arum, No Problem.
        Manny has the speed and movement that could trouble Mayweather, as well as the activity. He is just to sloppy and predictable for a fighter of Mayweather's IQ and acumen. The first 3-5 rounds will be nip and tuck and Paxcquaio may have a slight edge, but once Mayweather gets the timing right on his right hand, and Manny's movement it will be an uphill battle for Manny.Mayweather will force Manny to fight out of his comfort zone and fight inside and against the ropes. On the outside he will eat counter jabs and right hands....his best shot is mid range.

Mayweather wins a close SD where one judge favors his activity while the other 2 judges favor floyd's cleaner more accurate shots.
        Martinez is the biggest fight. Unlike Khan, Martinez has headlined a ppv, and dominated a big name mexican on ppv. Floyd's mexican fans would love this fight. And Martinez is older, can make 154. Its a credible foe, and its a BIG event. A khan fight wouldnt even be big in the UK. Martinez fight will be another Canelo event, and maybe do a little less, or even as that. Canelo is famous for his hair. Martinez has actually put in work and will be seen as a more credible foe.

Comment

Cotto rematch(He's a bigger draw than Khan)
          Manny
          Bradley
          Martinez(If he can still make 154)
          Last edited by Sirius Dogon; 12-10-2013, 03:11 AM.

Comment

I still can't believe Khan is even being considered. What a waste. Had Khan manned up and fought Devon last weekend, and took that title, it would be legit and would have made sense.

I do think Floyd will end up fighting either Pacquiao or Bradley in 2015. Perhaps if Arum realizes Manny isn't signing with him after 2014, he really tries to make Floyd-Manny for September 2014.

Comment

Working...
            X