Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez needs to stop ducking the entire 154 pounds division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
    The other divas at 154 are pretty much doing the same thing. Cotto comes to mind doing the same thing.
    Once he beats the winner of Cotto/Trout and the winner of Lara/Vanes, Canelo can be the biggest diva he wants to be. Nobody will object to Canelo/Mayweather if he beats those opponents first.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
      Well let's see, it's more like the big fights are ducking Canelo. It's not fighters particularly ducking him, just that he's had no luck. To me, he seems pretty sincere about fighting the best.

For his next fight, he's demanding GBP a fight with #2 ranked JMW Miguel Cotto, Ring/WBC Champion Sergio Martinez, #1 ranked/WBA[154]/WBC[147] Champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Previously, he had a fight with Williams, Kirkland and Ortiz fall off for one reason or another. He had Cotto and Mayweather both tell him they're on vacation and were not available for September.

Canelo is alright by me. He seems genuine in fighting the best, it's just that he doesn't have good luck on his side. 2013 will be the year we see Canelo in the big fights though.
      Good Luck, you most believe in Santa Clauss too, who he ask and who he fights is completly different, he hasn't done $h1t to demand a fight with Floyd or Cotto, Kirkland was injured and that is why they offered the fight and PW while a real treat they were banking on the beat down he took from Lara, and why they didn't offer the fight to Lara or Vanes? Lara was #1 at that moment and as soon as they declared that Kirland_Ginger were to count as a mandatory and the fight fell through, WBC/Sillyman move Lara back down to #3, Kirkland who was injured to #2 and Cotto to #1 after a loss, the kid is been protected more than Fort Knox...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        do you want the perspective of a fanboy, or that of the people handling him?

fanboys :
        canelo sucks and is scared.

handlers:
        monay monay monay monay...... moooonayyy!

you're trying to turn the kid into a ppv star... why fight a cuban that's going to make for a boring fight in victory or defeat?

and really, did you guys see lara's fight with hernandez?
        hernandez most closely resembles canelo of the men lara fought. he didn't look like a guy who would scare anybody
        I respect your opinions and always read your posts, but Hernadez took a beating so I don't see your point, the corner were with the towel on their hands from the 5 round and the doctor was checking Hernadez after every round, if is that what is Canelo future he better bring his plastic surgeon.

Comment

The kid has talent but dammmm I agree he needs to stop fighting these welterweights.. I know its not his fault its Golden Boys but still he should step up and say who he wants

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Why fight Trout, Mayorga and others instead of Lara and other upper tier 154 pounders?

It works both ways.
            Trout is a champ at 154 lbs.
            Plus Cotto is on his last couple fights. We might be lucky if Cotto fights 4-5 more fights.

If you going to bring up Cotto. Then, lets compare resume.

Cotto last 5 fights
            Pacquiao
            Foreman
            Mayorga
            Margarito
            Mayweather

Canelo last 5 fights
            Rhodes
            Gomez
            Cintron
            Mosley
            Lopez

Which one last fights are better?

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
              I respect your opinions and always read your posts, but Hernadez took a beating so I don't see your point, the corner were with the towel on their hands from the 5 round and the doctor was checking Hernadez after every round, if is that what is Canelo future he better bring his plastic surgeon.
              for starters, thank you.

yes, lara didn't look awful against hernandez, and i can see how my post might look like it's implying that. lara is a very solid boxer with a style that i wouldnt want to face if i were in canelo's corner for many reasons. there's the possibility of defeat, as well as the likelihood of looking bad in victory.

hernandez has physical strength, and his build is similar to canelo's, and in the early stages of the fight it was giving lara some problems. and though hernandez couldnt figure out how to move his head, he could take lara's shots pretty well, and even make it to lara's body. lara looked like the smaller guy, even though he's supposed to be the junior MW.

let's not forget also that andre berto knocked hernandez out with one punch and in one round. for a long time hernandez was just an ESPN fighter with a nice record and a big right hand. his big win is luis collazo, who i saw fight in BK two weeks ago. he's badly faded, and had some trouble with a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                Trout is a champ at 154 lbs.
                Plus Cotto is on his last couple fights. We might be lucky if Cotto fights 4-5 more fights.

If you going to bring up Cotto. Then, lets compare resume.

Cotto last 5 fights
                Pacquiao
                Foreman
                Mayorga
                Margarito
                Mayweather

Canelo last 5 fights
                Rhodes
                Gomez
                Cintron
                Mosley
                Lopez

Which one last fights are better?
                Trout is not a champion. Since when is interim the real champ? Hmmmm

Resume of course I'd pick Cotto but at 154 Canelo easy. So please quit fooling yourself.

Comment

Agree TS Canelo has fought and defended against mostly WWs, a career JWW, and a LW....Gomez, Mosley , Cintron, Lopez, little/older Cotto, he even won his title at a CW against a non top 10 WW in Hatton.

Comment

rankings and mandatary defenses were supposed to prevent the champion from feasting on blown up guys from 2 divisions lower. this is why so many fighters throw the belt in the trash can rather than pay the fee to defend the title they won.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      for starters, thank you.

yes, lara didn't look awful against hernandez, and i can see how my post might look like it's implying that. lara is a very solid boxer with a style that i wouldnt want to face if i were in canelo's corner for many reasons. there's the possibility of defeat, as well as the likelihood of looking bad in victory.

hernandez has physical strength, and his build is similar to canelo's, and in the early stages of the fight it was giving lara some problems. and though hernandez couldnt figure out how to move his head, he could take lara's shots pretty well, and even make it to lara's body. lara looked like the smaller guy, even though he's supposed to be the junior MW.

let's not forget also that andre berto knocked hernandez out with one punch and in one round. for a long time hernandez was just an ESPN fighter with a nice record and a big right hand. his big win is luis collazo, who i saw fight in BK two weeks ago. he's badly faded, and had some trouble with a nobody.
                      Lara can make 147 if he want it, you are gooing with a triangle theory here, just because Berto KO this guy at 147 it doesn't mean that Lara could do it too, maybe he was weight drained when he fought Berto or he didn't see the shot, or he was cold, common you know it doesn't work that way, hernadez look huge that night and maybe he fought his best fight ever mentally speaking, but he took a beating and I believe the fight was a 10 rounds, I can't imagine that he would last two more rounds, he has wins over tackie, collazo, frias, Lau,corley, anchondo, loss a Sd against Golden and ko by berto in one round, anyone can get caught cold, the guy is a solid fighter and will give problem to any 154, Lara gave him a beating from post to pole.

Comment

Working...
                      X