Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto Will Possibly Move Up To 160 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to strike when the Iron is hot cause his stock has risen. More than likely he will take one of Mexico's big names in Canelo or Jr.

About the only other fight that might make decent money is the winner of Ortiz/Berto if it is another good fight.

Comment

If Cotto ever fights Martinez, I'll bet on Sergio by stoppage.

Comment

No need to fight Sergio @160. Cotto has the leverage on his side. He benefits from every pound below 160 and he surely can make Sergio move, who looks desperately for a big name . Additionaly I've never considered Sergio a full MW, so a fight around 156 is still reasonable. Unfortunately I don't like Miguel's chancec at all.
        Chavez on the other hand won't go below 160. The weigh-gap @fightnight would be reckless.

Comment

Would love to see cotto vs Martinez. Big time fight right there.

Comment

That gives him the most options but I think he should stick to 154 personally. Considering Top Rank probably wants him back they will make him a very good offer, but if he is going to stay at 154 they can't offer many money fights, even if he wants to stay at 154 he can use the top Rank against GBP or whoever really (but I assume GBP even if he goes the Floyd route with them) to get a much better offer.

He might be able to beat JCC Jr. but what future does he really have at 160 beyond that, I think he would be much better served drawing Martinez to 154 which I think he can considering he would be the biggest money name Martniez will be able to get.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Well he could use his star power and get a catchweight and a dehydration clause. If Pacquiao does it than why not.
              He's already had a catch weight.

Comment

cotto was already a small welterweight to begin with let alone a 154 pounder let alone a middleweight.

You know cotto is on his way down rather than up when 10oz sportin 150lb weighing mayweather is rocking you at 154.

Cotto would get absolutely crushed at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  Thats what he says on an interview with El Nuevo Dia newspaper in Puerto Rico. I think if he does move up it would probably be against Chavez Jr or Martinez in New York.
                  Don't have the chin for 160 he loses by ko in both fights.

Comment

Arum wants tge jcc jr fight so maybe..

Comment

Cotto has no chance against Martinez at this stage. I can't understand why some are choosing Cotto over Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X