No announcement yet.

Steve Smoger discusses Khan-Peterson, Cotto-Margarito II stoppage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    BUt both solutions you gave are clear fouls as well.
    He also describe fouls and said he would not have taken points for it..So by his logic(and I agree)you give emm a lil something..Khan is not a inside fighter so you allow him to use his shoulder to and extent to create room,but to start extending your arms is just was to blatant..Floyd gets away with his elbow because it's not blatant,but when ya are shoving ya opponent it is very blatant..You see the difference??Rules are broking in every fight,it's a fight and apart of boxing..But to commit fouls openly is where ya get points taken..

Comment

I respect that.

It is true that 2 points deduction is damn rare unless low blows are involved.

There are plenty of fighters who hold, use the elbow, and rabbit punch which are all illegal too.

As for Marg and Cotto, he surely is a fight fan and it's great that he was like wow marg was coming back into it. A true pro because you don't see them get happy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        i agree with what he said but i disagree that its what happened in the fight. khan wasnt pushing for position nor was he pushing to break a clinch. he was pushing to get away. and to me, thats not boxing. u should not be allowed to avoid offense by pushing your opponenet before he can get close.
        Er you are wrong. Some of it was to get away, but most were small ones to get space.

I mean the 2nd deduction Khan pushed for space and threw a punch and landed.

So how the he'll was it to run?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
          Er you are wrong. Some of it was to get away, but most were small ones to get space.

But he shoved Peterson,extended his arms..You have to be smoother then that bro..

Comment

Great interview, he is a class act

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post

Look at Khans Arms,they are fully extended..Ya can't do that bro..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                But he shoved Peterson,extended his arms..You have to be smoother then that bro..
                I didn't disagree with the shoves. Some were tiny and some were a lot. The tiny ones are equal to holding to me.

However the obvious ones are not that many and not equal to low blows. I have seen some fights where low blows are plentiful and not 2 deductions made.

Anyway read what I said again.

He said khan pushed away to run, not mentioning anything else.

I am saying he is wrong since the 2nd deduction khan pushed and punched Peterson. So how can it just be pushing to run?

Gonna have to read properly bro.

Comment

These are the refs that we need. Not **** like Cortez who always finds a way to **** it up.

Comment

I have never disagreed with Smoger.

I'm not starting now.

I can't disagree with the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post

Look at Khans Arms,they are fully extended..Ya can't do that bro..
                      Did I say you can?

If it is the case then a lot of fitters should be penalised.

Hopkins holds almost after every combo vs a good fighter.
                      Bradley has 3 head butts a fight at least.
                      Mayweather uses his elbows a lot.
                      Maidana rabbit punches.
                      Haye rabbit punches a lot.

Those fouls are clear as well, since you mentioned Mayweather is not obvious.

Not all of Khans pushes were obvious either.

Comment

Working...
                      X