No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Schedule for 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
    He'll be in Wales in October opposite AJ.

Ain't like he got knocked up in that fight and I don't care what anyone says that was a premature stoppage, AJ wasn't landing a great deal clean, dude could very we'll have punched himself out again and Wlad could have Steelhammered in the end of the round or the following round, the way I see it the ref saved AJ.
    I felt the stoppage was a little premature but Wlad looked tired & it was bad of him to go against the ropes only to be knocked down again(2nd KD in 11th round).. He looked to have his legs back after the 2nd KD but ref spoiled the show because not a clean punch was landing between the time Wlad got up 2nd time & the ref jumped in..

I still believe he can win the rematch & will root for him till he fights for sure.. AJ would have learnt a lot from that fight.. Wlad still has tricks up his sleeve but he looked slow & missing his hooks - which is not typical of him..

All said & done, credit to AJ but the fight was worthy of a rematch..

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      I felt the stoppage was a little premature but Wlad looked tired & it was bad of him to go against the ropes only to be knocked down again(2nd KD in 11th round).. He looked to have his legs back after the 2nd KD but ref spoiled the show because not a clean punch was landing between the time Wlad got up 2nd time & the ref jumped in..

I still believe he can win the rematch & will root for him till he fights for sure.. AJ would have learnt a lot from that fight.. Wlad still has tricks up his sleeve but he looked slow & missing his hooks - which is not typical of him..

All said & done, credit to AJ but the fight was worthy of a rematch..
      Yeh the hook was telegraphed and could be seen from the next port up the coast, frustrating fight really but it's all good.

The rematch will be nearly as big and you can't fault either for wanting it again, their are no losers in this fight and id prefer the WBA belt to be dropped if it means getting the fight together, I can see the winner wanting to avoid Ortiz but he's got a lot of waiting around to do with Pulev next in line.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        Yeh the hook was telegraphed and could be seen from the next port up the coast, frustrating fight really but it's all good.

The rematch will be nearly as big and you can't fault either for wanting it again, their are no losers in this fight and id prefer the WBA belt to be dropped if it means getting the fight together, I can see the winner wanting to avoid Ortiz but he's got a lot of waiting around to do with Pulev next in line.
        You mean IBF, because WBA has given a voluntary to AJ..
        Ortiz ain't shït.. He is slow and cut off the ring, his only advantage is that he is a southpaw but honestly Wlad and Aj would win against him...

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Shannon Briggs fails VADA test

Comment

• Klitschko to announce Joshua II decision after IBF exception ruling

klitschko-to-announce-joshua-ii-decision-after-ibf-exception-ruling

Eddie Hearn reveals why Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko 2017 rematch could be thwarted

"There's the IBF convention this week, we've put in a 'special exception request' to fight Klitschko next," Matchroom chief Hearn told iFL TV. "As we will do with the WBA as well. The WBA is a little bit more clear, we'll be allowed an exception request, whether we're allowed one with the IBF; I think we're favourite but we're not a shoo-in."

"We want to fight Klitschko next. The noise from Klitschko's camp is – that's what's going to happen. We're looking into the numbers, where it is going to take place, the date it is going to take place and those are all things that are being discussed over the next few weeks.

"I think more than likely [Joshua will face Klitschko] and if not it is Pulev. Kalle Sauerland wants Pulev to fight Joshua but he also doesn't want to lose that fight. They've objected to the IBF request and we'll see how they rule. Pulev is not going to go away. We are having Pulev, whether that is next or the one after.
                Last edited by BoxingFan85; 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Sirenko demolished Cilliers in a pro debut

Comment

Working...
                      X