Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you as a boxing fan get your money's worth?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alb829 View Post
    Yeah, to my shock Bayless didn't allow any inside fighting at all. Even when they had a hand free. Which IMO actually allowed Shane to survive 12 rounds, cuz Floyd's inside game is amazing and I feel he would've taken any energy Shane had from him way earlier in the fight and Shane would've gotten stopped.

I thought it was a great fight. And I don't subscribe to the opinion that Shane is done. I think he just wilted under the pressure of the fight and Floyd bringing it to him. Along with the fact that he couldn't land punches without getting cleanly countered. Along with the idea that maybe he overtrained for the fight. But I don't think he's finished and I'd like to see him against Pacquiao. That's still a very good 50/50 fight IMO.
    I agree with the bold so much. When Shane fights again no one better go into the ring taking him lightly. He is still a great fighter.

Comment

should've been 50 dollars, but yeah i did

Comment

i was watchin it w/ a couple of white friends and one black and some pinoy buddies. i did enjoy the fight in the earlier rounds but midway into it, i knew the ending will be the same as floyd's last fight.

whats interesting were the non-pinoys reaction to the fight. these are casual boxing fans but they were unanimous in their disgust in mosley not doing anything in the later rounds or gassing out early. they were even cursing him on why he stopped fightin. they couldnt believe it when i say that that guy's a future HOFer and is one of the greatest p4p champs of this era, because they've only saw clips of his fights before.

they were in praise of floyd's speed and skills but weren't awed by the action, i guess because theyve watched pac fights w/ us before and were expecting that kind of action. i think at about round 10 onwards, they stopped watchin the fight seriously and just casually glanced at it whenever one of us pinoys reacts to a clean shot.

Comment

Originally posted by pac123 View Post
          Mosley tried? from 3rd to the 12th round, when did he try? give me a moment
          where he actually threw a meaningful punch? we were all screaming at
          Mosley to at least try, go for broke, but it never happened. there's only one
          reason when a fighter can't pull the trigger anymore.

I voted NO by the way, 'cos it was pretty one-sided after the 2nd. PBF's fans
          are voting yes b'cos of how Mayweather fought, it's been a while since they've
          seen him this offensive, and yet PBF still didn't throw combinations.
          was pac v clottey worth the money?

Comment

I thought it was a damn good fight.

Disappointed in Shane, impressed by Floyd.

God damn Manny/Floyd is gonna be a fricken war, I can't wait!

Comment

Working...
            X