No announcement yet.

Sorry about this:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neils7147933
    I'm not trying to be a dick. But there have been other posters who make a thread and then wait to jump on anyone who doesn't agree with them. Those kinds of threads suck. The fact that the thread was taking a different turn and you returned it back to where you started it indicated that might be what you were trying to do here.

There are plenty of self-proclaimed patriots on this board to echo your remarks if you're looking for compliments. The fact that you've more or less said the same thing twice AND that you posted this in non-stop boxing initially suggests that perhaps you're trying to bait some people into a flame-off...

When we're talking about killing people, no one "wins" an argument...
    Well, when I posted it, I'd just seen the piece on the news about it....Kneejerk reaction, I guess you could say, and I just thought others would find it interesting (and amusing) as well. And the biggest reason I posted the second time was because I wanted to make it plain that I didn't start the thread originally to say "HA! The ***** got what she deserved!!"....I think she probably did, but my point, originally, was that there are some things people just don't forget.

As for the second portion of my post....probably unnecessary, you're right, but when a guy types around a hundred WPM, it's easy to let your thoughts barf out onto your keyboard unintentionally. I'm not looking to impress you, or anyone else, with my opinions. If I were after that, I'd start agreeing with people, rather than thinking for myself...that seems to be the best way to "win friends and influence people" on these internet forums.

And no, I don't think you were trying to be a dick either, but neither were you trying not to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by DR. FREECLOUD
      i disagree. i think is saying that just cause she sure ain't gonna make any money acting anymore so she wants to sell this book. its all publicity.
      the guy actually did her a favor by spitting in her face, it got people talking about her at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman
        Well, when I posted it, I'd just seen the piece on the news about it....Kneejerk reaction, I guess you could say, and I just thought others would find it interesting (and amusing) as well. And the biggest reason I posted the second time was because I wanted to make it plain that I didn't start the thread originally to say "HA! The ***** got what she deserved!!"....I think she probably did, but my point, originally, was that there are some things people just don't forget.

As for the second portion of my post....probably unnecessary, you're right, but when a guy types around a hundred WPM, it's easy to let your thoughts barf out onto your keyboard unintentionally. I'm not looking to impress you, or anyone else, with my opinions. If I were after that, I'd start agreeing with people, rather than thinking for myself...that seems to be the best way to "win friends and influence people" on these internet forums.

And no, I don't think you were trying to be a dick either, but neither were you trying not to be one.
        Okay, fair enough - here's my last post on the thread, then...

I admire Fonda for taking the stance she did during the War.

I understand her recent retractions as well.

And I empathize with the veteran who assaulted her.

However, I certainly don't condone the guy's actions.

And I don't believe that one should blindly support someone simply because they're a soldier. The whole "you may not support the war, but you have to support our troops" propaganda is ridiculous.

That's it...next

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933
          And I don't believe that one should blindly support someone simply because they're a soldier. The whole "you may not support the war, but you have to support our troops" propaganda is ridiculous.

Ok. For one neils....supporting our troops has absolutely nothing to do with war in itself. You cant actually say, that soldiers enlist in the military SIMPLY to fight, and go to war. The military is a major manufacturer of many domestic products, as well as a foundation for hundreds of thousands of jobs here in the states.

Secondly, If everyone had the attitude...."why do we have to support our troops", that would inevitably lead to the decline of us as a military power...and would leave us succeptable for attacks from other countries. Whom I might add...are just waiting for us to fall, so they can invade. If you think not supporting our troops is a way to voice your opinion against the war,

you are missing the idea of DEMOCRACY AS A WHOLE.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
          Last edited by Run; 04-21-2005, 06:22 PM.

Comment

marquez or ortiz... no more african americans for pacman... we all see the outcome.. and no im not trying to be racist here.. pac match up against african american boxers is just not a good fight unless its with u know who..

Comment

Working...
            X