What give us the Punching Power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    lmao

has anyone done boxing clean and then with steroids? How much difference did it make to power what changed?
    Guy at my gym is juiced, he denies it obviously but he has packed on some proper strength, muscle mass and definition in a short period of time that you can not but assume their is foul play.

He hits harder but I would say it's not a huge difference, noticeable but not massive. Plus he's probably jumped up at least 1 weight class so are his punches as hard as someone naturally bigger or is he stronger against guys he used to spar who are now 10lbs lighter? That said I would say he is easier to fight now. Slower and easier to get rattled and frustrated, plus he can't get his height to grow so now a squat 5'9 LHW/SMW not an average height MW

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      Guy at my gym is juiced, he denies it obviously but he has packed on some proper strength, muscle mass and definition in a short period of time that you can not but assume their is foul play.

He hits harder but I would say it's not a huge difference, noticeable but not massive. Plus he's probably jumped up at least 1 weight class so are his punches as hard as someone naturally bigger or is he stronger against guys he used to spar who are now 10lbs lighter? That said I would say he is easier to fight now. Slower and easier to get rattled and frustrated, plus he can't get his height to grow so now a squat 5'9 LHW/SMW not an average height MW
      This is exactly what I thought would happen.

Not a significant increase in punching power (other than via weight which can be achieved without roids)

But I bet theres a significant increase in strength and maybe even speed of running jump height etc BUT improving punching power is more complex

Roids wont do it

I love watching power lifters bodybuilders steroid users and typical competitive young men at the gym, they all are not increasing punching power but secretly want to and are trying, great fun to watch them fail hehe

I dont think squats deadlifts or olympic lifts improve punching power significantly either about the same effect as roids, worth doing but not overwhelmingly effective
      Last edited by AlexKid; 03-19-2017, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post

At the end of the day its just muscle mass. It doesnt matter significantly if its from steroids or not.

The main benefit from steroids for building muscle mass is to build it faster or recover faster until you get past how much muscle mass you can get naturally. That would be for some cruiserweights and heavyweights. For lower weight classes you can be lean and within that weight class naturally so theres not much point besides beimg able to handle a higher training volume.

Comment

Originally posted by HedonisticFrog View Post
          At the end of the day its just muscle mass. It doesnt matter significantly if its from steroids or not.

The main benefit from steroids for building muscle mass is to build it faster or recover faster until you get past how much muscle mass you can get naturally. That would be for some cruiserweights and heavyweights. For lower weight classes you can be lean and within that weight class naturally so theres not much point besides beimg able to handle a higher training volume.
          They significant increase strength which can be translated into endurance, speed (in certain movements) and to a lesser extent power (in boxing) (they significantly increase power in other sports like sprinting or American football)

Recovery is primary but the massive strength they give you is also very useful and advantageous
          Last edited by AlexKid; 03-19-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Shoulder. Snap.

Comment

Power is nothing if you have no sense of timing

Comment

Working...
              X