No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Bradley Trilogy: PPV, Gate Figures Disappoint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luiz View Post

It's great to see greedy old Arum take a hit, but it's horrible for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Manny, probably had a lot more gay fans than he thought!
      most of them muricans i reckon

Comment

Anything over 250k ppv buys should be considered a hit considering boxing fans have since this fight twice with lopsided results. Arum got screwed for trying to screw the boxing world..and he is right "it is what it is"

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
          2.2 WITH mayweather in his first main event.

mayweather in his first main event PPV did 325000
          so his biggest ppv event is vs a guy who you said is not a draw and his next ppv saul did 350000, 300000 and 900000 with Cotto yet Manny and Floyd did more with Cotto
          Last edited by VERSION1 (V1); 04-22-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

So Manny v Canelo in Sept @ 155 is a real possibility. If Canelo ends up defending his MW titles against Khan and Manny this year that would be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              So Manny v Canelo in Sept @ 155 is a real possibility. If Canelo ends up defending his MW titles against Khan and Manny this year that would be embarrassing.

Pac refused to rematch Cotto at 150, despite having already beaten him.

The weight was a show-stopper, it totally killed the fight.

You really think that they will go anywhere near Canelo ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Pac refused to rematch Cotto at 150, despite having already beaten him.

The weight was a show-stopper, it totally killed the fight.

You really think that they will go anywhere near Canelo ?
                what do you think about Pac vs Floyd rematch at 144?

do you think Floyd will refuse that or his genius fans?

Comment

400-500 is perfectly fine for a fight NOBODY wanted to see (because the score was already 2-0)
                  But if Khan/Saul look good against each other and win, I guarantee you Saint Bob is gonna make 1 more super fight that does easily over 1.5m buys

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                    so his biggest ppv event is vs a guy who you said is not a draw and his next ppv saul did 350000, 300000 and 900000 with Cotto yet Manny and Floyd did more with Cotto
                    i said mayweahter is not a draw unless he fights a big name moron. same with canelo. i never said canelo was a huge draw. go look at my first post.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
                      mayweather berto did less then 500K pac rios did less then 500K

mayweather and pac only do good numbers when they have a big name like i said. read my post moron.
                      That's true with all fighters. In order to have a huge PPV fight you need to have two top guys facing each other in the main event. It used to be only that superfights were on PPV. Now, all it takes is for a guy to have a lot of hype behind him to immediately get a fight on pay per view. Promoters have used pay per view events to get more money out of the market.

You're wrong that Mayweather and Pacquiao are not huge draws because they are. As another poster said, it's been more than 10 years since a fight that did not feature Mayweather or Pacquiao as a main event did over 1 million buys. The only guy who was able to sell over 1 million in pay per view buys by fighting nobodies was Mike Tyson. But even he couldn't do that every time he fought. Everyone else needed a top guy as their opponent in order to sell.

Comment

Working...
                      X