No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Mancini Documentary?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Checc View Post
    I didnt get a chance to see it, Ill probably have to download it from somewhere.
    u should see it bro damn good doc. while so many others bore this one captures your interest from beginning to end.

Comment

It was a very good documentary. The only slightly weird bit was that i'm pretty sure they never mentioned the Arguello fight at all. It seemed to imply that the Frias fight was his first fight for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
        It was a very good documentary. The only slightly weird bit was that i'm pretty sure they never mentioned the Arguello fight at all. It seemed to imply that the Frias fight was his first fight for the title.
        Good point.

They mentioned Arguello but only in reference to Pryor knocking him out and turning fans off from the sport.

In fact to your point they made Mancini appear undefeated. i think they never even mentioned his record in the movie so a casual fan would assume he was undefeated through out the documentary.

Comment

It's a very tragic story. The ref and kim's mother eventually commited suicide. Sometimes I wonder if kim's death contributed in the eventual decline of boxing in korea? Last world class fighter out of korea was in jin chi.

Comment

Working...
          X