No announcement yet.

The Berto/Hunter review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Berto/Hunter review

Shame about my boy Berto but he went out on his shield. With the shoulder injury we really did not get to see what his change with Hunter. I did not expect huge changes the first time out anyways. One thing is for sure, Berto has not made the proper defensive adjustments.

The one thing I did notice is that Berto even before the injury was popping the jab. I have been calling for that forever. He used it in the Quintana fight but usually just loads up and doesn't set anything up. He used it and it didn't look bad.

Also Berto gets hurt early in EVERY fight. He eventually settles in a bit but he always gets stunned. Its almost like he gets caught cold or something. I almost expect it now.

Berto got beat up. A lot of people think it would have ended the same way even without the injury. Perhaps. I did notice that Berto was able to stun Karass a couple times with counter uppercuts. I think it would have been an interesting situation without the injury. Maybe he still gets KOed.

Berto should either think about retiring or really start to listen to what Hunter is telling as far as his strategy. He makes bad choices when it comes to making choices in the ring. Perhaps this is the most humble situation he can possibly be in. If he is willing to continue hopefully he is willing to listen. Its too late to live up to hype/potential but it might not be to late to still be a contender for a title. Please no flaming. Reasonable talk only.

All I know is if you're hurt, the last person you broadcast the news to is the opposing fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      All I know is if you're hurt, the last person you broadcast the news to is the opposing fighter.
      Yeah I hear that. I don't think they could really hide anything under the circumstances though.

Comment

Working...
      X