Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy jones Jr Vs Richard Hall (Highlights)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy jones Jr Vs Richard Hall (Highlights)

It was a one-sided beating that may as well have been called off before the contracts were signed. I thought the HBO commentary team went a little overboard with their criticism of the referee though, as bad as it looked. Hall atleast tried until the end when he could no longer defend himself at all, which is when the referee stepped in. Had he allowed it to continue past that point, he shouldn't have ever officiated another bout, but he didn't.

A futile effort but Hall's toughness cannot be under-estimated. A lesser man would've called it a day after the first round.

Recently he scored a stoppage win over a returning O'Neil Bell who once held a cruiserweight title so apparently at 40 years of age he is doing fine and suffers from no ill-effects.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 12-27-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Jones-Hall II: Payback

Comment

Wasn't this the fight where both tested positive for steroids?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Yes it was.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            It was a one-sided beating that may as well have been called off before the contracts were signed. I thought the HBO commentary team went a little overboard with their criticism of the referee though, as bad as it looked. Hall atleast tried until the end when he could no longer defend himself at all, which is when the referee stepped in. Had he allowed it to continue past that point, he shouldn't have ever officiated another bout, but he didn't.

A futile effort but Hall's toughness cannot be under-estimated. A lesser man would've called it a day after the first round.

Recently he scored a stoppage win over a returning O'Neil Bell who once held a cruiserweight title so apparently at 40 years of age he is doing fine and suffers from no ill-effects.
            I have no doubt that Toney could have KO'd someone of Bell's inactive caliber, yet he is as punch drunk as they come.....It's too hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              It always baffled me.....why does Jones jr test positive for this fight and not others?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                It always baffled me.....why does Jones jr test positive for this fight and not others?
                Yeah. Why would Jones cheat for Hall and not for Toney, Ruiz, Hill etc.?

I think most people know the answer here. It's not rocket science.

Comment

Jones hit him so hard, he gave him a haircut and knocked a few dreadlocks off.

This is the Roy that I remember. I know it was Richard Hall and all, but this RJJ is the fighter that I rank as my all time GOAT and #1 ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Jones hit him so hard, he gave him a haircut and knocked a few dreadlocks off.

This is the Roy that I remember. I know it was Richard Hall and all, but this RJJ is the fighter that I rank as my all time GOAT and #1 ATG.

Comment

Working...
                    X