No announcement yet.

Stanley Ketchel vs Marvin Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanley Ketchel vs Marvin Hagler

With all the talk about ketchel goin around recently I thought it would be good to talk about how easily he would ko homeboy.
    AND it would be easy....

How long would the incompetent Hagler last against Jack Johnson?
    30 seconds?
    Ketchel by KO
    0.00%
    Ketchel by First round KO
    50.00%
    DRAW
    0.00%
    Hagler Robs Him
    0.00%
    László Papp KOs both at the same time. (In or out of the ring)
    50.00%
    RIP Hagler
    0.00%

Tough to compare fighters from these eras, but I would still favor Hagler. The Johnson fight was one in which Jack agreed to more or less carry Ketchel so long as he didn't get cute in the ring. When Ketchel seized the opportunity to drop Johnson with a big right hand, Johnson got up and ended it with a right hand of his own.

Ketchel was very awkward and unorthodox, I don't think he would have had the skill to beat Hagler. Ketchel was much like Hopkins and Ward, he was a clincher and fought very in a scrappy, sometimes dirty style. He threw wide loopy punches that would have been telegraphed by Hagler.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Tough to compare fighters from these eras, but I would still favor Hagler. The Johnson fight was one in which Jack agreed to more or less carry Ketchel so long as he didn't get cute in the ring. When Ketchel seized the opportunity to drop Johnson with a big right hand, Johnson got up and ended it with a right hand of his own.

Ketchel was very awkward and unorthodox, I don't think he would have had the skill to beat Hagler. Ketchel was much like Hopkins and Ward, he was a clincher and fought very in a scrappy, sometimes dirty style. He threw wide loopy punches that would have been telegraphed by Hagler.

The Johnson thing has to be taken with a grain of salt don't you think??

He also hit harder that anyone Hagler fought doe....

Comment

Be one hell of a fight. I'm thinking Ketchel may be surprised when he hits Marv with everything but the kitchen sink and Marv keeps coming forward.

Comment

In Ketchels time it would probably be a Ketchel win, with modern day rules it would be a Hagler decision, don't really see it any other way. Be a great fight though.

Comment

Working...
          X