No announcement yet.

Cotto Can't Have His Cake And Eat It Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
    Every fighter is different just because hopkins, sugar, and chavez did it. It doesn't mean that cotto has to do it.pacquiao is getting 65%, title, home turf, and lower weight limits.
    and cotto's getting a career payday, even at a 35% split, and he's getting the chance to resurrect his career also.

i said before, if cotto doesn't want the fight, all he has to do is pass up the payday, and go look for a fight w/ someone else at 147.....this crying **** is getting old tho.

Comment

I hate to break it to the examiner but it was I who said Pacquiao could not have his cake and eat it too.

Pacquaio wanted to fight Cotto and eveyone thought it would be at welter and then they began talking about 143-145 then it was for a belt that was not part of the contract and then Roach wanted Cotto to let his hair grow and prohibit him from plucking his eyebrows, then they were demanding that Cotto must hire Evangelista back, and on and on and on and on.

Sorry Examiner, you fail.

Ooopps to make matters even worse, they are set to make yet another trinket which no one has ever seen or heard about.

Last time I checked, this belt was ment for Manny and not Cotto.

Who is trying to make sure that Manny get's his cake and eats the whole damn thing too?
      Last edited by BoxingChaos; 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingChaos View Post
        I hate to break it to the examiner but it was I who said Pacquiao could not have his cake and eat it too.

Pacquaio wanted to fight Cotto and eveyone thought it would be at welter and then they began talking about 143-145 then it was for a belt that was not part of the contract and then Roach wanted Cotto to let his hair grow and prohibit him from plucking his eyebrows, then they were demanding that Cotto must hire Evangelista back, and on and on and on and on.

Ooopps to make matters even worse, they are set to make yet another trinket which no one has ever seen or heard about.

Who is trying to make sure that Manny get's his cake and eats the whole damn thing too?
        DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.... SOOOOO WELL PUT ! We all see who is more scared, it's so perfectly clear.

Comment

CO-SIGN!!!

Comment

By Mark Vester

WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto is very confident as he begins the first phase of his training camp for the November 14 bout with Manny Pacquiao. Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach is predicting a knockout win for his side. He doesn't see Cotto being able to deal with Pacquiao's speed. Cotto is not paying attention to anything that Roach says. He continues to feel that Pacquiao's two biggest wins have been overhyped because Oscar De La Hoya was weight drained and Ricky Hatton was made to order.

"At the end of the day, Freddie Roach, all he can do is try to prepare Pacquiao to beat Miguel Cotto. I am not De La Hoya, who was caught at the end of his career, lost all of that weight and they took advantage of it. I am not Ricky Hatton who had an overrated career and had no defense. [Pacquiao's] entire team, especially Freddie Roach, knows what Miguel Cotto is capable of doing in the ring," Cotto told El Nuevo Dia.

Cotto says Roach likes to trash talk with the teams of Pacquiao's opponents but there will be no trash talking in this fight. Cotto plans to keep it civil and let his fists do the talking on fight night.

"That has always been Freddie Roach's problem. He likes to be in that kind of role but here he doesn't have to be. We have a lot of professionalism and plan to show it," Cotto said.

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ boxingvester@gmail.com

Comment

Roach? You ARE GOING TO BRING SOOOO MUCH DRAMA TO PACQUIAO FOR NO REASON.

Comment

That would be the WBO and WBC--the only thing Manny did was accept the title clause which he was notified about. Cotto agreed to the venue, split, etc. --so there's nothing to argue about in that respect.
                Last edited by rao007; 08-10-2009, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                  Every fighter is different just because hopkins, sugar, and chavez did it. It doesn't mean that cotto has to do it.pacquiao is getting 65%, title, home turf, and lower weight limits.
                  exactly, pac is getting everything his way in this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
                    and cotto's getting a career payday, even at a 35% split, and he's getting the chance to resurrect his career also. i said before, if cotto doesn't want the fight, all he has to do is pass up the payday, and go look for a fight w/ someone else at 147.....this crying **** is getting old tho.
                    ressurecting his career? dude your a moron.

Comment

Cotto staking WBO crown at 145 lb

By Roy Luarca
                      Philippine Daily Inquirer
                      First Posted 00:05:00 08/11/2009

Filed Under: Boxing

THE WELTERWEIGHT CROWN will be on the line and the showdown will be at 145 pounds when Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto tangle on Nov. 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Promoter Bob Arum declared this Sunday night, quelling speculations that Cotto won’t be staking his World Boxing Organization title against Pacquiao if the megabuck bout is not fought at 147 lb.

“Everything has been decided and agreed to,” Arum told Michael Marley of Examiner.com on Monday.

“Cotto is defending the title and the weight limit will be 145 pounds. There are no disagreements or problems. Now, everything is cleared up.”

The 77-year-old Arum, who is vacationing in southern France, expects to have the fight contract signed by Pacquiao and Cotto by Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila).

With the pay-per-view fight projected to be a big hit, only 3,000 tickets will be put on sale by Aug. 17.

While Cotto has started preparations in Caguas, Puerto Rico, Pacquiao has yet to announce his choice of where to hold the first half of his eight-week training camp.

Arum has advised Pacquiao to do it outside the United States to avoid a hefty tax assessment.

Among the places being considered are Nassau in the Bahamas, Vancouver, Canada; Mexico and Cebu and Baguio in the Philippines.

In a related development, 44-year-old middleweight and light heavyweight star Bernard Hopkins picked Pacquiao to beat Cotto by technical knockout in the later rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X