No announcement yet.

unbreakable!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unbreakable!!!

who do you guys think has the greatest defense of all time?

state the reason why

my picks:

ali: he avoided most fighters at his time with his footwork when most of the boxers just try to slug it out and wants to fight toe to toe.
    though they say that he lacks power imo his best weapon was his jab.intercepting/countering most punches with his jab stopping even some of the punches mid way.

tyson: a style that most in fighters have a hard time trying to perfect.
    "hitting while not getting hit " very few infighters does what he does at close range when he was at his prime.an "in your face" fighting style avoiding most hooks from his opp. by weaving then answers them with body shots,hook and upper combination.

toney:he really does roll with the punch the way he just take the punches as if he is falling.in the eyes of ordinary expectator it would seem that his head is getting thrown coz of the punches.

floyd jr.: most counter punchers do block punches then return
    weaves then dash make it an infight
    or out fighters slips or steps then uses jabs and crosses
    he does almost the all of techniques avoiding punches and returning it.
    giving him the "pretty boy" coz few(if any) solid/hard punches lands on his face.

so what are your thoughts?

Willie Pep and Floyd Mayweather for me.

Floyd has revolutionized the shoulder roll, you'll see that in a couple of years.. there will be alot of immitators, and Willie Pep, need I say more? The guy was EVASIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanus View Post
      Willie Pep and Floyd Mayweather for me.

Floyd has revolutionized the shoulder roll, you'll see that in a couple of years.. there will be alot of immitators, and Willie Pep, need I say more? The guy was EVASIVE.

yeah that shoulder roll is crazy

it is like the in your face tactic of tyson before but in a diff. way ofcourse

waiting for the golden boy vs the pretty boy
      Last edited by aspect; 12-23-2006, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Exige has the best defense of all time. He only fights on the computer. Tough to be hit that way.................Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Exige has the best defense of all time. He only fights on the computer. Tough to be hit that way.................Rockin'
          Haha, lol!

Comment

Ive only seen a handfull of Pep fights but i am confident he was Undisputed number1! I saw him win a round without throwing a punch! Wild! Then Sweet Pea who i have seen far more off! For me he was way better than PBF, but yeah Floyds a genius! Honerable mention to Jones jnr and James Toney. Oh and Winky Wright too.

Comment

willie pep

any man that can win a round without throwing a punch is without doubt one of the most amazing talents to ever step through the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
                willie pep

any man that can win a round without throwing a punch is without doubt one of the most amazing talents to ever step through the ropes.
                Yup, spot on! Have u seen it? Totally ridiculous skillz on display!

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
                  willie pep

That was always said about Pep, BUT it wasn't the truth. You can go to the following site and read it for yourself.

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/w0403-jw.html

Comment

Originally posted by hhascup View Post
                    That was always said about Pep, BUT it wasn't the truth. You can go to the following site and read it for yourself.

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/w0403-jw.html
                    Intresting peace but ive seen it with my own eyes, it happened. Dont know who he was fighting but i definatley saw him win a round without throwing a punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X