Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder still B side vs Joshua if he beats Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
    Now that Wilder has gone to Europe and caused a ruckus, say he beats Fury. Now it's almost like he's the A side against Joshua.

He'd now be the lineal HW champ and the argument that he's not well known in Europe is out the window.
    If he beats Fury he can demand whatever the **** he wants and if the stoic clown and tiny teef promoter say no then **** him. And Wilder won’t ever have to go through the cowardly **** that Hearn and AJ put him through again.

Comment

wilder will ask for a 50 percent cut and hearn will have no choice

the end

Comment

This is NOT I repeat NOT an easy fight for Wilder if they fight. Fury is more than capable of beating Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Yep, definitely a PPV. Heck, Espinoza wanted the Joshua fight on PPV even if it took place in the UK as then it would have been an afternoon PPV in the states. Something that rarely ever happens.

Big picture, Wilder may not fight outside of PPV ever again. Think about it, if he beats Fury then he has the Joshua fight in April. And Espinoza has already said that will be on PPV regardless of the location. And if he is to beat Joshua, then the rematch takes place in the states and that will definitely be PPV. I guess aside from Wilder just getting washed by Fury or Joshua, he ends his career fighting pretty much on PPV the rest of the way.
          If this fight does more than expected-say 750k-1 mil PPV's-then maybe you can make a case that Wilder deserves 50/50/ . But I still see AJ as the a side.

Comment

Lmaooo dumb question.

AJ is the second biggest draw in boxing. Wilder is an unknown in his own country.

Comment

aj would still be the A side but hearn damn sure cant come with no flat fee offers (which he shouldn't have in the first place) he should offer wilder a decent percentage at that point the fight was negotiated. 40%+

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                If this fight does more than expected-say 750k-1 mil PPV's-then maybe you can make a case that Wilder deserves 50/50/ . But I still see AJ as the a side.
                I just don't ever see 50/50, but if it does a million buys hypothetically? Oh boy, Wilder will certainly ask for 50/50 or like a $40 million guarantee.

If it does 1 million buys in the states and say 500k in the UK? The fight will generate if priced at $70 PPV:

Stateside: 1,000,000*70 = 70,000,000/2 = $35,000,000

UK: 500,000*26=13,000,000/2 = $6,500,000

Live gate: Moderate guess of $5,000,000

International revenue+sponsors = $3-4 million

And if Wilder is to get a 60/40 split here? Wilder would make around $30 million for this fight. And if he is making ~30 million for Fury? You betcha he will be wanting at least $40 million for Joshua.

Buts lets get back to reality, that is not going to happen. Like I said, their target number should be 350-400k US buys. That would still get Wilder about 15 million for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  This is NOT I repeat NOT an easy fight for Wilder if they fight. Fury is more than capable of beating Wilder.
                  Oh definitely. Wilder will have proven a lot of he is able to beat Fury, especially by KO. The winner of this fight should be the #1 ranked HW.

Comment

He's the B side unless the Wilder vs Fury fight does bigger money than any of Joshua's previous fights.

Comment

If this fight produce more REVENUE than ANY AJ fight, Wilder will be the "A side."

"A side" is about REVENUE NOT attendance, lineal and the green belt supersedes anything AJ has!

Comment

Working...
                      X