Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Doheny Upsets Iwasa; Wins Unanimous Decision, IBF 122-Pound Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Doheny Upsets Iwasa; Wins Unanimous Decision, IBF 122-Pound Title

TJ Doheny couldn't understand the ring announcer when the scores were read Thursday night in Tokyo.
    Ryosuke Iwasa knew what was said and left the ring dejected.
    Ireland's Doheny won a unanimous decision in their 12-rounder and took the IBF junior featherweight title from the Japanese fighter.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good news.

Comment

Excellent result. Travelling to Japan and winning a decision, seems not everywhere is affected by home fighter scoring. Another Irish world champion, remarkable when you consider the population

Comment

A foreigner winning a decision in Japan

Comment

The judges soured Teddy Atlas day haha! I loved Atlas comments after the decision! Tony Marretta from Australia gave TJ nine rounds! are you kidding me?! Jonathan Davis originally from the Philipines gave TJ eight rounds -- thats still too much.

The article states that TJ Doheny landed more, yes, however Ryosuke Iwasa was more accurate at 29% -- TJ marked at 26%. The power-punch stats is very telling on who was inflicting more damage ; Ryosuke Iwasa scored @ 37% and Doheny scored @ 26%. Not that you needed to read those statistics to tell who got beat up, its evident in the injuries that TJ suffered, he might be out for six-months at least.

Comment

Be nice to see his first defence in Belfast or Dublin!

Comment

Watched this fight without commentary, just on youtube with a view from above in 1080p...i had Doheny 116-112 and could see 115-113...so i thought the scores were fine. Plus i was rooting for Iwasa.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                Close fight, but Doheny edged it.
                I think Teddy, after his hiatus, just felt that he needed to come back with a bang and remind fans what he's all about.. It's not a proper Teddy Atlas fight night without crying robbery .
                Even Iwasa and his team, or Japanese TV people nor fans feel it was robbery.
                Teddy just had his mind made up that "shorter, bigger" Doheny has to get close and fight inside - and as Doheny wasn't following his game-plan, he couldn't win on his card.

Good old Teddy. Good to hear back from him, but let's not take him too seriously.

Oh and by the way:
                LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!
                his inflexible pre-fight gameplans annoy the hell out of me lol

Comment

Working...
                X