No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo 30-Day Weight For Golovkin Rematch - 167.4-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Of course I'd want to compare Canelo to Canelo. Would you rather try to argue (Like the poster I was responding to) that Canelo should be compared to Golovkin to determine whether or not Canelo has gotten bigger?
    honestly to me both look in great shape, both actually fit , and maybe the pose has something to do here but i see more muscle in canelo than ggg, but nothing to brag about... on their last fight ggg was heavier than he is now, so there goes that... previous to the fight every time they had a photo session together ggg looked like the bigger man in there... like i said before, i expect canelo to look like a Greek Sculpture at the weigh in, but then not as heavy as he was coming in to the ring on the first fight, thats of course if they are really trying to get a bit more stamina, the less weight his body has to carry for 12 rounds the better conditioning he should have... but we just have to wait and see i guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      honestly to me both look in great shape, both actually fit , and maybe the pose has something to do here but i see more muscle in canelo than ggg, but nothing to brag about... on their last fight ggg was heavier than he is now, so there goes that... previous to the fight every time they had a photo session together ggg looked like the bigger man in there... like i said before, i expect canelo to look like a Greek Sculpture at the weigh in, but then not as heavy as he was coming in to the ring on the first fight, thats of course if they are really trying to get a bit more stamina, the less weight his body has to carry for 12 rounds the better conditioning he should have... but we just have to wait and see i guess...
      Does this mean yes or no?

Comment

That doesn't explain why the other poster found it prudent to compare Canelo to Golovkin as a basis for showing any or no size change in Canelo.

I have to wonder if some of these posters even read the conversation they're injecting themselves into...
        Fair enough, but you cant compare canelo to his last 30 day weigh in either if that came against Khan and it was at 155... Just wait till he weighs in for this fight and compare him to his last fight vs ggg... And if he looks different, then give him benefit of the doubt because he claims they are training for stamina.. Now if he looks different, and performs like garbage... Then he is a blatant cheater. Thays why we have to wait and see

Comment

Does this mean yes or no?
          neither, cant compare on either circumstances..

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Canelo Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs), of Guadalajara, Mexico has made his WBC mandated 30-day weight, at 167.4-pounds. Gennady Golovkin, who holds the WBC, IBO, WBA middleweight titles, weighed 168.3 lbs. well below the 176 lbs. limit -- for his own WBC-mandated 30-day weigh-in.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            I think Nelo is naturally bigger than GGG?

Their Weights are roughly the same but Nelo carrying hardly any body fat and that’s at 168! GGG carrying relatively much higher percentage.

Comment

neither, cant compare on either circumstances..
              Then why did you quote me and argue in the first place?

Comment

Then why did you quote me and argue in the first place?
                you asked for the previous weigh in and i gave it to you...
                you wanted to make that comparison, so i gave you the tools...
                again, i dont see much on these weigh ins, only laughing at those who think canelo is dramatically smaller cuz he is "off the meat"...
                canelo looks good and so does ggg... there should be no room for excuses after the fight...

Comment

Don't really understand this post.

Further, still dont understand how comparing Canelo to Golovkin demonstrates whether or not there's a change with Canelo...
                  You see the pic, he looks the same as he did from the last time so stop acting.

Comment

you asked for the previous weigh in and i gave it to you...
                    you wanted to make that comparison, so i gave you the tools...
                    again, i dont see much on these weigh ins, only laughing at those who think canelo is dramatically smaller cuz he is "off the meat"...
                    canelo looks good and so does ggg... there should be no room for excuses after the fight...
                    I didn't ask for anything, you decided to interject yourself into the conversation. I certainly didn't ask for data from years prior.

Why don't you go back and read the posts I was responding to. If you agree with razor position of comparing Canelo to Golovkin, then start arguing that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                      You see the pic, he looks the same as he did from the last time so stop acting.
                      Who looks the same? Are we still comparing Canelo to Golovkin?

Comment

Working...
                      X