No announcement yet.

gerald mcclellan 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gerald mcclellan 2018

Has anybody donated to his funds? That are members of boxing scene?

I just don't understand how the WBC can't atleast set up account for this man, when they get so much money from boxing section fees? Should boxing have a central organization that helps boxers after they are retire due to injuries. Do boxers have aflac or life insurance?

He was An Awesome Knockout Artist!!! Nigell Benn would've been Knocked Out If the fight was in Las Vegas!! The Referee was Protecting Benn & Giving him time!!

Comment

It’s the saddest fight ive seen since Mancini-Kim. That long ass count was bullsht and like the poster above me mentioned, Benn would have been counted out if it wasnt in england. It was a classic british con job but it was expected.

There are many fans who say that McClellan somehow deserves the suffering since he was a known dog killer and all.. well that makes me sick how some people think that way. He was into illegal dog fighting but so what, big deal.

I did make a donation years ago after watching a documentary.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        It’s the saddest fight ive seen since Mancini-Kim. That long ass count was bullsht and like the poster above me mentioned, Benn would have been counted out if it wasnt in england. It was a classic british con job but it was expected.

There are many fans who say that McClellan somehow deserves the suffering since he was a known dog killer and all.. well that makes me sick how some people think that way. He was into illegal dog fighting but so what, big deal.

You are so right, plus the ref didn't even speak English! Then he was not suspended at all.

Two wrongs do not make a right. I agree with you. Deep down, he suffered a date worst than death.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMORENO View Post
          He was An Awesome Knockout Artist!!! Nigell Benn would've been Knocked Out If the fight was in Las Vegas!! The Referee was Protecting Benn & Giving him time!!
          Totally agreed.

Comment

He was a great fighter and what happened to him was very sad and the WBC could and should help him. Boxing is a dangerous sport and all boxers risk their health and their lives every fight and deserve respect just for having the courage to box. They should not be called bums even if they aren't very good. The same thing that happened to Gerald could happen to an average boxer. Does an average boxer deserve help any less because he wasn't a great exciting fighter? Boxers should understand that they are on their own and probably nobody will help them if things go wrong. They need to try to save some of their earnings if they can in case something bad happens. They could buy some type of insurance.

Comment

can't imagine being in his position. i really hope he's getting support.

Comment

If I was the WBC or whomever in charge I would just try to get some monthly money for him in order to help.

I mean, they make lots of money, why not help a guy who gave it all for the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

And before somebody makes this claim, which happens in every McClellan thread, no Benn would not have gotten a count of 20. He was not knocked out of the ring to the floor, he was knocked outside the ropes on top of the ring apron which means you still get a 10 count.

Not to mention he got help from the crowd pushing Benn back up to his feet. That whole fight had terrible officiating that contributed to the tragedy.

Comment

sad what happened to him, he was brave moving up a division to fight benn in his hometown, thats not easy

should have stayed fighting in vegas at MW, cant remember why he choose to move up, he didnt look filled out enough for SMW maybe

Comment

Working...
                    X