Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIRGIL HUNTER - Where was all this Media concern For Rigo Jumping Two weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    I screwed up the numbers, which Larry pointed out, and I was happy to admit to (118/122) but the story wasn't a lie.

https://www.boxingscene.com/rigondea...-issue--128025
    True. Also remember contextually this was after moving up so maybe that had something to do with it.
    Also my apologies for just being borderline disrespectful with my comment as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
      It’s called white privilege.

Now watch the white folks say “ uh uh that doesn’t exist “

Watch
      I know right? Next we're going to be seeing black people saying black privilege doesn't exist.

Watch that one happen next.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrsantiago View Post
        True. Also remember contextually this was after moving up so maybe that had something to do with it.
        Also my apologies for just being borderline disrespectful with my comment as well.
        in my experience, he likely already had to make the jump the one class, so used it as an excuse to jump two classes.

"I jumped two weight classes" sounds a lot better than "I couldn't make weight anymore, then jumped one class"

and all good man. Appreciate the apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Some people seem to forget that it was the fans and boxing media, and Rigo himself, who pushed for that fight, were saying that although Rigo is smaller, he is faster, more agile and hits harder, and that Rigo’s skillset would nullify the size difference.

Loma himself didn’t really want that fight. He wasn’t bragging about his victory over Rigo, as he knew he was the bigger man.

But keep yapping.
          Yea Loma coulda milked that W. But Loma kept it real.

Comment

Mikey has people around his actual weight that are willing to fight him. Wbss 140lb tournament for a start off .

Rigo was being ducked, was inactive, when we saw him something disastrous would happen like broken jaw witj jazza dickens or NC and almost a DQ vs an overmatched moises flores

Rigo was 4/1 underdog. Mikey would be a 12/1 underdog

Comment

And sick of the insinuations by hunter about racial bias in bozing. Andre ward is part black and he got incredible amount of favourability during his career

Comment

People called for Loma-Rigo but Loma and his fans warned it would be a mismatch but tons of people picked Rigo by humiliation, that he’d break Loma’s jaw, drop him and make him quit and then the result happened and those same people **** on the fight and gave Loma no credit.

Nobody is calling for a Spence fight and nobody is saying Garcia will win.

I think Hunter and Ward even picked Rigo. Ward said he’d school Loma and like most they said size didn’t matter due to Rigo skill.
                Last edited by chrisJS; 08-12-2018, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  It’s called white privilege.

Now watch the white folks say “ uh uh that doesn’t exist “

Watch
                  Except you picked Rigo and had him as your p4p #1. You picked Rigo - check the sig and then you gave no credit.

I think we know why.

Comment

it was mostly rigo tards who wanted that fight. they wanted it and said rigo would win because they thought it would never actually happen and since these are the fantasy masters of boxingscene they thought they would be able to do what they always do and use fantasy power to say their guy is actually better without anything concrete to back it up with. unfortunately for them it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                      Because rigo is better than Mikey p4p. Stylistically Rigo’s style can actually compete with bigger fighters, since he is fast on his toes. And can avoid damage. Or so we thought
                      Just didn’t work out well against someone as good as Loma.
                      Rigo wasnt better than Mikey pfp. And Rigo's style isn't better than Mikey's either. If Rigo could fight inside he would've given Loma a hell of a fight while being two weight classes down.

Loma totally outclassed Rigo because not only was he bigger, he could box just as good and he was just as fast if not faster than Rigo. When the going got tough, Rigo couldn't go inside and proud the body, Mikey can.

That's why Mikey has a real shot to beat Spence imo. Nobody gave Rigo a shot to beat Loma except his fans, and clueless boxing fans. People might count Mikey out but this is a styles fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X