Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Golovkin Must Accept 57.5-42.5 By Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrMORENO View Post
    Canelo was Ringside when Dmitry Pirog Knocked out Jacobs
    Oh yeah, I remember that. Also remembered that Jacobs was fighting with a heavy heart when he's grandmother passed few days before the fight and I'm sure Jacobs a way different fighter now. Fighters tend to be more cautious when they fight big punchers and with Jacobs skill set, he would bring he's best against a big name but even when he does outboxe Canelo . I doubt the judges will give him the decision . It's just the politics in boxing . Done seen'em all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
      Did they really say that? That's really strange as well. I know they have the same team/trainer but unless you are brothers/family, I would expect guys to fight for a belt.
      The quote I saw out of (I think it was Jacobs camp) was "we don't need to have that fight right now" like "Cool. Why were you guys being so loud when GGG had the belt?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxknowledge75 View Post
        Oh yeah, I remember that. Also remembered that Jacobs was fighting with a heavy heart when he's grandmother passed few days before the fight and I'm sure Jacobs a way different fighter now. Fighters tend to be more cautious when they fight big punchers and with Jacobs skill set, he would bring he's best against a big name but even when he does outboxe Canelo . I doubt the judges will give him the decision . It's just the politics in boxing . Done seen'em all.
        Jacobs outboxing Canelo? No way!
        It's a shame that most "boxing fans" can't appreciate Canelos skills

Comment

• Its a no brainer if GGG is fighting for money. The price comes with a guarantee of crooked judges, crooked ref and who knows what else (PEDs/Loaded Gloves...) If GGG wanted legacy he would tell shamelessly crooked GBoy to go fuuck themselves and fight Derevy and Saunders to unify.

Comment

• Great chess move by Golovkin and his team now he gets a significantly higher percentage,, it's on and crackin' and I can't wait for September

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              He did a GREAT job milking a few more millions from GB. Good job l! But now is the time to fold and take the $$$$.

Oscar has always been stupid when it comes to business Even Arum called him an idiot before.
              I agree.

I don’t think it was a bad decision by GBP. Canelo is going to make a lot more too than he would have fighting anyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Wow .. issuing public ultimatums to a unified world champion on behalf of a suspended PED cheat. These people have no shame or honour whatsoever.

If I was GGG I would tell Gomez to shove his 42.5% up Oscar's arse with a serving fork and leave it up there till their boy is eligible to fight again.
                And literally throw millions down the drain? Easy to say when it isn’t your future and you aren’t staring at millions.

Comment

• I think the recent offer was a case of Oscar facing reality. Make more money to fight Golovkin, even with a more generous split and also less risk. A loss to Jacobs would be a disaster putting Canelo at, at best, #3 in the division. Lose to Golovkin (again) and remain the #2 guy with the #1 guy turning 37 next year and showing some wear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Yup between the hair and VADA hes done everything asked. Now hes giving GGG way more than Ibwould of ever thought.
                    Because your emotions doesn’t let you look at this grounded in reality.

Canelo is a star in boxing. That said he has a cap and fighting just anyone isn’t going to bring in huge numbers. There aren’t many guys who have name brand recognition he can fight that goes beyond just hardcore fans.

Not only do they not bring in big money some of those guys are likely difficult fights. The risk reward isn’t good. Canelo benefitted from guys like Cotto, Mosley, Khan and Chavez. Those were guys with big names and presented far less risk. The risk-reward was greatly skewed in his favor. Canelo is now facing the opposite. Less money and bigger risk.

Golovkin had everything in his favor to get a better deal. Canelo is tainted. First by the perception (rightfully so in my book) that he lost the first fight. Then he gets busted for PEDs. Canelo’s best chance to get his career on the right trajectory is to fight and beat Golovkin. He does that and his star is bright again.

The notion that Golovkin doesn’t bring fans to the table is crazy too. No he isn’t a star but he did help the fight generate 1.3M. That could have been better without Floyd/Mccgregor. Sequels tend to do better and I that would likely be the case if they fight again.

GBP made a very good and fair offer. I cannot see Golovkin not taking the fight. It also keeps him possibly lined up to fight Murata in December if he wins and so desires.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      I think the recent offer was a case of Oscar facing reality. Make more money to fight Golovkin, even with a more generous split and also less risk. A loss to Jacobs would be a disaster putting Canelo at, at best, #3 in the division. Lose to Golovkin (again) and remain the #2 guy with the #1 guy turning 37 next year and showing some wear.
                      Golovkin would be crazy to not take this fight. I think GBP would have been crazy not to offer what they did. You are right, go against Jacobs for far less money and take on tons of risk. Nope. I think Spike would have been more likely but it would have been bad PR and an excellent payday buyback no where near GGG-Canelo 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X