Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a Fighter You Like Even Though his Fans Turn You Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao. Love the fighter, but a large sector of his fans are incredibly deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
      GGG, Wilder, Pacquiao. I like all three of their personalities and obviously their exciting fighting styles. But the “GGG KOs anyone from 154-168”, “Pac really beat floyd watch the slow mo punches”, and the annoying LDBC wilder fans are all annoying as hell.

Nice list, bruh...

Comment

Wilder or AJ fans, they're equal

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
          This happens all of the time. A fighter comes along, looks good and the fanboys come out. Then the haters appear but do they really hate the fighter or is it the fanboys? Often times, it seems like the fanboys drive this obviously.

Either way, name a fighter you actually like but don't often praise because his fanboys just get on your last nerve.

For me, it's Errol Spence. I like the guy. I like watching his fights and find him entertaining and he also seems like a humble well-spoken guy. What's not to like? His fans, when they hype into the best thing since Thomas Hearns. Hey, I like the guy, but he hasn't beaten any special fighters yet. He's passed the eye test but until he fights TC, Thurman, Porter or Garcia, I don't think he's the best welterweight. You have to prove yourself. And it's not just now, the fanboys hyped him up before he even fought Brook as being better than anybody. I mean, that's just crazy.

Anyway, who are yours?
          Lomachenko.

Errol Spence gets no undeserved hype. He is not discussed a lot in the threads at all. His hype is actually equal to his accomplishments, which is rare on NSB.

He got hyped prior to the Brook fight because he out performed Floyd in a sparring session. I see no reason why that wouldn't elevate his profile.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 04-30-2018, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Parker, some of his fans are ******ed but he's alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
              This happens all of the time. A fighter comes along, looks good and the fanboys come out. Then the haters appear but do they really hate the fighter or is it the fanboys? Often times, it seems like the fanboys drive this obviously.

Either way, name a fighter you actually like but don't often praise because his fanboys just get on your last nerve.

For me, it's Errol Spence. I like the guy. I like watching his fights and find him entertaining and he also seems like a humble well-spoken guy. What's not to like? His fans, when they hype into the best thing since Thomas Hearns. Hey, I like the guy, but he hasn't beaten any special fighters yet. He's passed the eye test but until he fights TC, Thurman, Porter or Garcia, I don't think he's the best welterweight. You have to prove yourself. And it's not just now, the fanboys hyped him up before he even fought Brook as being better than anybody. I mean, that's just crazy.

Anyway, who are yours?
              B. Sutherland I love the mullet but his fans go overboard.

Comment

Too many to list...... fan boys irritate me....

Comment

Spence
                  Wilder
                  GGG (hard to believe since he's my favorite, but some of his fans are straight up stupid. Golovkin deserves better fans)

Comment

You actually have to like the fighter first and dislike him later because of his fanboys, right? Well, I never liked Golovkin because he gets so much undeserved hype without the skills and resume to back it up. His fanboys are also unbearable. (He does have some good fans.)

I used to like Lomachenko a lot but his current fanboys are making me scrutinize him closely to the point where I'm ready to root against him. They think because I'm a big Davis fan, I can't like them both at the same time. I told them, if I had to choose between the two, I'd always root for Davis first and foremost. They called me a fake Loma fan, lol, and that's cool.

Only those two.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-30-2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Right now, The Charlo twins.

Comment

Working...
                      X