No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Luis Ortiz Ordered By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
    If Ortiz still doesn't end up getting a title fight after this, he'll become the most feared man in boxing.
    My guess is they'll tell the WBA they are dropping the belt and they'll fight Pulev at Cardiff. I remain convinced Ortiz will never get an AJ shot..

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
      Didn't the IBF order Joshua to defend against Pulev also? Why do these phony belt organizations do **** like this knowing he can only choose one which will lead the other to strip there title away from a guy who earned it the hard way. Now they can just give the title away to someone who didn't have to defeat the champ! This has corruption written all over it but that's nothing new!
      My guess is if necesssary, AJ will just tell the WBA to get lost and fight Pulev. Ortiz isn't getting a shot..

Comment

Here come the crying british fan boys hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          My guess is if necesssary, AJ will just tell the WBA to get lost and fight Pulev. Ortiz isn't getting a shot..
          More than likely Hearn will want both belts to stay with is fighters, Ortiz will fight for the vacant strap and then have a unification fight with Joshua.

Comment

If it comes to it, fight Pulev and ditch the WBA belt, then circle back around after they've dealt with the Ortiz/Oquendo/Ustinov mess and fight for the belt again.

Comment

Originally posted by TreJac View Post
              Didn't the IBF order Joshua to defend against Pulev also? Why do these phony belt organizations do **** like this knowing he can only choose one which will lead the other to strip there title away from a guy who earned it the hard way. Now they can just give the title away to someone who didn't have to defeat the champ! This has corruption written all over it but that's nothing new!
              The IBF gave him an extension to rematch Klitz.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                More than likely Hearn will want both belts to stay with is fighters, Ortiz will fight for the vacant strap and then have a unification fight with Joshua.
                Ortiz isn't his fighter. He gave him a shot then told him to pound sand. If anything, Haymon will want Ortiz to fight for the vacant, and then have two HW champions.

In the end though, No doubt the WBA isn't jumping at the prospect of having their HW belt around the waist of a 38-year old unmarketable, no $ no-name and will let Hearn and AJ drag out the mando for eternity until Team Ortiz smells the Cuban coffee and gives up..

Comment

Very confusing first the undeserving Pulev had mandatory now more qualified but ped cheat Ortiz gets it who I never thought would

Comment

This should be a very intriguing match up. Joshua should be the easy favorite to win but the one thing that Luis Ortiz does do very well and that is punch.

I can see the fighter who gets their punches off first with the puncher's chance of winning this fight. We know that both guy's can be hit and hurt.

In addition, we all know that Anthony Joshua has good footwork for a man his size but occasionally, he does have a tendency of squaring up, in order to settle down, on his punches for power. This can leave him very vulnerable an open to an Ortiz counter.

It won't be easy but I favor Anthony Joshua in this matchup.

Comment

This is going to be good

Comment

Working...
                      X