Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there not a case for Wladamir to be p4p#1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there not a case for Wladamir to be p4p#1?

He is the only current boxer to hold the WBA,IBF,WBO,IBO AND RING and have multiple defenses.He has dominated his division for over half a decade now and wins mostly by ko,he is active.why are fighters like Martinez,who has a recent loss to Williams and has been floored alot lately,Juan Manuel Marquez who was dominated by Floyd and lost to Manny. How can they be ranked higher then Wladamir? Now people want to rank Ward higher cause they say he won the super 6? Wladamir has cleaned his division out so why does Ward,Martinez and Juan get ranked higher?
    Last edited by eurochamp; 11-06-2012, 02:49 AM.

No he shouldn't be rated 1 because p4p means if everybody was the Same size who would be better , not who has the best resume because the competition is not comparable . Andre ward has beat multiple world class fighters whereas wlad has beat haye

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesv3 View Post
      No he shouldn't be rated 1 because p4p means if everybody was the Same size who would be better , not who has the best resume because the competition is not comparable . Andre ward has beat multiple world class fighters whereas wlad has beat haye
      Wladamir has beaten more champions then Ward,He had to beat 2 current WBA champions to finally get that belt.

Comment

It's P4P, you can rationalize that ranking any way you want. It's basically who's your favorite fighter and why you think he's better than anyone else. The main problem is you'd have a hard time saying what skills Wlad has over a guy like Andre Ward (objectively speaking).

Comment

beating a pacquiao with out a belt and a SD "lose" to Bradley > every single win in W.Klitschkos career

He's a great fighter that could compete with the greats but his competition isn't better than Wards.

Getting meaningless belts doesnt make a fighter great

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
            Wladamir has beaten more champions then Ward,He had to beat 2 current WBA champions to finally get that belt.

Heavyweights rarely get to be 'p4p' #1 and there is a reason for it. It's just very very hard to rationale a heavyweight as p4p #1.

For instance, even if Lennox Lewis had beaten a PRIME BOWE, a PRIME Holyfield, AND 3-4 fighters of Michael Moorer's caliber within a 2 year span, he would still had sat behind Roy Jones Jr and Pernell on the p4p sheets during the 90's.

The heavyweights always had the most attention and respect, so the p4p is a way to glorify the lower weights, ironically the heavyweights get the less respect and attention now.

Comment

He is the most dominate fighter in the sport right now,no close fights,he doesn't get knocked down,he wins by ko,has multiple title defense's. These are all the things other fighters get praised for yet he gets no credit?

Comment

P4P means all things being equal, who his the best? That's why I find it hard to put Wlad in the top 10. He is normally so much bigger than his opponents. On top of that his division is pretty weak. Its not his fault the division is weak, he still dominates it, like he should and has proven himself a great champion but I wouldn't put him in my top 10 sorry.

On the flip side maybe his division would seem a lot more competitive, exciting and wide open if he wasn't in it. Maybe the fact he's so dominant makes the division look a lot weaker than it actually is. I don't buy that argument but it certainly could made.

Comment

I wouldn't argue with anyone who has him there

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I wouldn't argue with anyone who has him there
                    Hey you're british.. is Wladimir the one who got his face cut open by a 38 year old fat under trained semi retired Lewis? Or is he the one who quit against a middleweight?

Comment

Working...
                    X