Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins vs. Dawson post fight discussion - Please do not make new threads about this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
    I knew Hop was going to lose when he came out with that bull****

Wat he say after the fight, he seen my outfit lol. Bernard you sounded mad old son
    the bull knocking on 50's door....so yea, he is mad old!!!...old enough to be some our grandfather on here...dude is REALLY old....check his birth certificate....so if he sounds that way its because he is that.....can't be 30 and over and still rockin throwback jeresys...nah son, thats lame.....dudes going in on oldheads talking like oldheads now...smh...WOW!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      Where is the logic in your post?

If there's is an accidental clash of heads which results in a NC. Would mean that the ref ruled it an accidental foul. But, even if it's clear that there was a clash of head that caused a cut. And, the ref ruled it a no foul(which means it was caused by a punch) then it would be TKO verdict, wouldn't it?

Kind of like Bradley-Campbell which got overturned to a NC.

Funny enough it happened in Cali.

Like I said, the CSAC is almost as bad as TSAC.

They might overturn this if they rule a foul took place that caused the injury. They have a history of this.
      Bro us fans got robbed out of a fight, but regardless its the refs job to give fighters 5 minutes to recuperte after fouls like this, and how could the referee not call a foul for an intentional body slam, its not like they tripped over each other (which should still end in a NC or a TD after 4) but but rather it was blatant for everyone to see, he didn't push him off, he picked him up in frustration and thew him. It is not in the rules of boxing and warrants a NC.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Are you seriously going to compare leaning on somebody after the momentum of throwing a punch coupled with the fact that your opponent is bent over, with straight up body slamming someone to the canvas. One was a lean, which isn't **** and does not cause damage, the other is a body slam that does physical harm in a sport where you can only harm your opponent with your fists legally.
        leaning on someone definitely tires the other guy...especially with all your body-weight...it's cheating for that reason.

and that wasn't a body slam either...he pushed him off albeit he held his legs a little...it was more of a freak accident/fall.

Comment

• I seen a similar tackle with cotto and clottey, no foul called their as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
            Hopkins milked that ****.......
            yea because Chad was diggin in his ass right?!?...I mean Chad was landing bombs right?!?....so B.Hop found a way out....dudes be killing me...smh

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Well you and I have different definition of what a body slam is.
              Cal it whatever you want he was lifted off the canvas by dawsons arm and upper body and dropped on his shoulder. Thats a foul, point blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                If hopkins wanted to continue like he said he would, he woulda gotten up

You dont sqiurm for 4 min like that an expect the ref to allow it to continue
                Did the ref make it clear that if he can't continue, the fight will result in a TKO loss?

That's enough encouragement to keep fighting. Some refs are sneaky and want to make it a quick job. Like that Lawrence Cole guy, who advised a fighter that he will win the fight if he decides that he cannot continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Bro us fans got robbed out of a fight, but regardless its the refs job to give fighters 5 minutes to recuperte after fouls like this, and how could the referee not call a foul for an intentional body slam, its not like they tripped over each other (which should still end in a NC or a TD after 4) but but rather it was blatant for everyone to see, he didn't push him off, he picked him up in frustration and thew him. It is not in the rules of boxing and warrants a NC.
                  He didn't give him the 5 minutes because he didn't rule it a foul. If your issue is that the ref was incompetent. Then I won't argue that.

I personally feel that both committed a foul, I personally would have ruled it a NC.

But, I'm not outraged by the decision. You just cant jump on someones back like that. I would have probably shoved him off(we agree it's a foul) too, if I was in that position.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    leaning on someone definitely tires the other guy...especially with all your body-weight...it's cheating for that reason.

and that wasn't a body slam either...he pushed him off albeit he held his legs a little...it was more of a freak accident/fall.
                    Watch the fight, he threw a punch, dawson ducked and was under him, its not like Hopkins jumped on him like you guys are saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                      Did the ref make it clear that if he can't continue, the fight will result in a TKO loss?

That's enough encouragement to keep fighting. Some refs are sneaky and want to make it a quick job. Like that Lawrence Cole guy, who advised a fighter that he will win the fight if he decides that he cannot continue.
                      It was JMM, I forgot who he was fighting...Cole sucks, the fight was in Texas. Open scoring sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X