No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    Back to thinking Pac could beat Mayweather again..

completely different styles but Mayweather slowed down and his face busted up.. looked rocked and tired on more than 1 occasion.
    That what I been saying all along earlier during this fight on this forum.
    Mayweather at 35 doing 154 is not easy man. His legs and stamina did not allow him to move as smoothly as he would have like for all 12 rds. Seem like some of the rds he simply waited on the ropes and conserve energy. Then he saved some for the finish.

I am not saying he can't move but stamina, age, and weight make a difference. Weighing at 151lb was strategically planned.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
      he he bro are you implying something? lolz
      yup but pac needs to mix his punches, right to the body then double left to the head, LOL!!

Comment

• found and HD stream, and then hooked it up to my comp

Success!! best stream ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          The deal with Vargas is that it's the first Mayweather promotions prospect. He's a Mayweather prodigy that's it nothing else.

I swear the only entertaining thing that will happen in this card is Merchant interview of Floyd.
          I get that but hes just not that good...isnt latimore signed to floyd too?

Whatever, i had a perfect stream

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            Exactly. I was one of those Floyd fans who thought that Floyd wasn't going to brutally dominated Cotto. Styles make fights, and Cotto is more comfortable at fighting at a slow pace and he was able to timed Floyd with the jab consistently throughout the fight.
            I thought Floyd would do a bit better, but I still thought Cotto was the same guy and he is a highly skilled offensive fighter one had to figure he will get a bit done. I figured Floyd would neutralize his jab better but he did a pretty good job against a very talented offensive fighter, and not many guys could do what Cotto did.

The pace was certanly to both guys liking, but that also made it more interesting.

Another thing I did say take Mayweather parlayed with the over that was a great call. Although not very brave~
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-06-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post

now we finally see why floyd avoided cotto for all these yrs !!!! when was the last time youve seen floyd this bloodied
              Probably Augustus from memory. Although he was even more bloodied in that fight. Saying that, you do realise, because I know you're one those really rabid, creepy Pac fans, that Pac gets busted up more than Mayweather did here in every single fight he has just about?

Against a 40 year old moving up from lightweight he looked worse after that than in every single Mayweather fight combined, so it's probably not the best way to go about trying to make Mayeather look bad in comparison to Pac: http://rizpedocexperience.wordpress....ny-is-the-man/

Blood nose vs broken ear drum, two swollen, busted up eyes plus a nose bleed during the fight too? Yeah, well done for making Mayweather look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetSciencePHD View Post
                I think some of you are ****in high. I had this scored 7-5 Cotto with him winning rounds 1,5,6,8,9,10,11. That's fair and that's what it was.
                No, it's not. That's silly. You guys should stop watching sopcast streams and base your scores on three pixels updating every 3 seconds.
                I don't know where they came up with 118 for Mayweather. It should have at least been a close split decision if it was going for Mayweather at all. It should have been 8-4 Cotto at least, or a draw. Mayweather didn't do enough to win a decision like that, and even the split is questionable.

Did the judges bet on Mayweather or something? Was is a phoned in decision, because Mayweather didn't do nearly enough to get that kind of margin. This is De La Hoya all over again, he lost the majority of the rounds but they gifted him the decision, probably to keep the Pacquiao fight intact because if Cotto won there would have been a rematch and the Pacquiao fight couldn't happen later in the year. I am as outraged as I imagine Cotto is. He won that damn fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
                  Yea and part of that pacing is Pacquiao keeping Cotto away to make it a track meet and not letting Cotto use his bigger frame against him. Cotto matched up really well against Floyd tonight and fought a great gameplan. Floyd to his credit when he had the few openings to land his right hand, he did so even if it at times was partial glance. Great night tonight
                  Indeed it was a very good night, as they say styles make fights and it is always fun to see how styles come together.

Comment

• i think floyd let cotto have fun on the ropes on purpose just to get the crowd going, and in turn got a bloody nose. and people are running around seeing it as a weakness but i see it as just a unforseen/unlikely consequence he was willing to take for the risk of making an entertaining fight.

floyd was locking cotto's arms alot. is this legal? floyd has mastered a lot of "acting like its normal" tactics in his game that boost his advantage.

Comment

• Found a great stream thanks to Roman and enjoyed the last 2 fights. I told myself I would never buy another Floyd PPV after that whole fiasco against Ortiz. Only against Pac I would though because that's the fight we all waiting for lol! And happy I didnt order saved some money and honestly even though like I said enjoyed the 2 last fights, well they weren't worth close to 60 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X