No announcement yet.

A 350 thousand dollar Lexus?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 350 thousand dollar Lexus?

Admittedly the new 2012 Lexus LFA is one sweet car. 553 hp 4.8 L V10 codeveloped by Yamaha. It has a body of carbon fiber and weighs only 3263 lbs, revs up to 9 grand. Top speed of over 200 mph and does the quarter in under 12 seconds. Plus it looks pretty sweet.

But damn, 350K?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review
    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 01-23-2010, 07:07 PM.

GTR > this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Viva_La_Raza View Post
      GTR > this car.
      For the money, I agree. But the LFA is faster, quicker, lighter, handles better, and has more horsepower (even naturally aspirated vs the GTR's twin turbos.) Not enough to justify the 4 times as much money, but it is a better car.

Top Gear does a nice review, as usual:

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 01-23-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Damn thats so damn expensive. Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are around 200k.

The computer for the Gauges is a nice thing.
        Last edited by PinoyZoi; 01-23-2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
          Damn thats so damn expensive. Ferrari's and Lamborghini's are around 200k.

they can be upwards of 400-600k

this is lexus big leap into the supercar realm

it will be interesting, i hope Top Gear has something on this car soon

Comment

if it wasnt for the GT-R's tranny issues with the launch control, it would be the GOAT IMO

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post

they can be upwards of 400-600k

this is lexus big leap into the supercar realm

it will be interesting, i hope Top Gear has something on this car soon
              That's what turned me on to it:

Though they said it cost 340 K pounds, which would be over half a mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank$Moody View Post
                That's what turned me on to it:

Though they said it cost 340 K pounds, which would be over half a mill.
                aye, maybe i did see that one... i'll give her a look tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                  if it wasnt for the GT-R's tranny issues with the launch control, it would be the GOAT IMO
                  The car snitches itself out, on hard launches. 20 k, just for the tran's. I hate G.M. but the ZR1 is pretty badass. They have already gone 9's in the fu.cking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    The car snitches itself out, on hard launches. 20 k, just for the tran's. I hate G.M. but the ZR1 is pretty badass. They have already gone 9's in the fu.cking thing.
                    yeah... and instead of fixing the tranny issue, they decided to instead just remove the (totally badass) launch control

they were getting 3.3 0-60s

im with ya on the vette, i know its badass but i dont put much faith in GM

Comment

Working...
                    X