Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Michael Conlan fixed his fight tonight for betting reasons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    so you're gonna answer a question with another question because logic proved your lil conspiracy theory wrong?

If a huge amount of money is on the line, there is absolutely no need to swing for the fences and ruin it all, box on the back foot for the first 2...why even take the risk?
    Altering the outcome of a fight cuz you know theres money on A or B is completely unethical and illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      The method of winning is the problem. If I bet KO/TKO 2 and he carries him to the 3rd round when he could've KO'd him in the 2nd I would be pissed
      Sure but it would take the other guy to be involved just to make sure. What if dude somehow gets hit and falls down in the first and doesn't get up? There goes that bet lol

Comment

Wow....
        I thought he was REALLY getting reckless in the 3rd and wondered what the rush was.

Comment

I just saw the fight. Idk, it doesn't look like your typical dive, Conlan put a vicious body and head beating on that guy the whole 3rd round. And it seemed like he was swinging for the fences the whole fight.

Also, if the opponent was instructed to take a dive, what took him so long? What was wrong with diving with one of those vicious hooks or right hands? Why was it a ref stoppage due to Ibarra getting caught on the ropes and having no answer to the beating?

I'm not saying it's false, just saying it seems like a weird dive to go out take a beating like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Boxing is the worst to bet. Every other sport has a commission with rules for reporting injuries and check for integrity in sports. Boxing is a fee for all. But they have the best odds imo.
            Probably the most corrupt sport of them all and people still bet. Oh well, not my money.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I just saw the fight. Idk, it doesn't look like your typical dive, Conlan put a vicious body and head beating on that guy the whole 3rd round. And it seemed like he was swinging for the fences the whole fight.

Also, if the opponent was instructed to take a dive, what took him so long? What was wrong with diving with one of those vicious hooks or right hands? Why was it a ref stoppage due to Ibarra getting caught on the ropes and having no answer to the beating?

I'm not saying it's false, just saying it seems like a weird dive to go out take a beating like that.
              Not so much the opponent taking a dive but Conlan doing whatever he could to secure a KO/TKO 3.

Comment

good for them work the system

Comment

Wow that looks suspicious. shady as phuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Altering the outcome of a fight cuz you know theres money on A or B is completely unethical and illegal.
                    And the guy has been caught betting on fights before. And he's Irish and they love to gamble Probably not a big deal unless the sports book want to push it. But somebody needs to have a sit down and talk with him before it gets out of hand. Personally I'll never wager on any of his fights.

Comment

I doubt it. Not many fights are fixed. It's not that easy to fix them and it's risky. I haven't seen this fight. Did it looked fixed? Fixed fights often look fixed. Until there is evidence that points to a fix I'll be thinking he won on his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X