Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Facing a Robbery Charge in Ohio

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughing at how back when this was posted in 2010 nobody gave a ****, now all of a sudden people bumped this thread like it is breaking news
    Last edited by sicko; 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Broner is a genius at marketing, he definitely enhanced his "thug/the problem" image with this. It's like rappers shooting themselves for the street cred. Either that or he's a robbery klepto. In any case, more people will pay to see him lose along with his fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Laughing at how back when this was posted in 2010 nobody gave a ****, now all of a sudden people bumped this thread like it is breaking news
        Is that weird? How many people do you think would have cared about Obama getting a DUI back in 1985 compared to NOW?

Broner is going to be one of the next eras faces in boxing. He's going to be under scrutiny. Nothing weird about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So you would rather hate a guy for an allegedly despicable act than appreaciate him for the skills you know he undoubtedly has? I don't like his queer hair brushing in the ring or his ****y demeanor, but the kid is great to watch fight.
          Sure enough, but i NEVER rooted for Valero despite him being very fun to watch.

I would never boycott a good fight, but i have a hard time rooting for fighters i don't care much for.

For the love of the sport i appreciate skills and i'll watch every Broner fight.
          But if i'm just going to pick who i root for based on skills then i will never be as passionate as i am now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            Is that weird? How many people do you think would have cared about Obama getting a DUI back in 1985 compared to NOW?

Broner is going to be one of the next eras faces in boxing. He's going to be under scrutiny. Nothing weird about that.
            One is a boxer and one is Politician...when did the background of a boxer become important? Most boxers turn to boxing to turn their life around or to stay out of trouble, that is what boxing is used for

Comment

One is a boxer and one is Politician...when did the background of a boxer become important? Most boxers turn to boxing to turn their life around or to stay out of trouble, that is what boxing is used for
              Ok, change that to Brad Pitt then.

The interest for a very known person is always much higher than the interest for a largely unknown.

Now it seems like it's not 100% certain he's guilty of this. But to me, yeah, i care if a fighter robs/beats/rape women/animals/kids.
              That would definitely factor into if i root for him or not.

Not for you? Fair enough. But everyones different.

I'd also say it's complicated. I'm a big admirer of Monzon, and he was far from the kindest person on earth. Sometimes the skills, style and charisma is enough to compensate for other ill deeds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                Ok, change that to Brad Pitt then.

The interest for a very known person is always much higher than the interest for a largely unknown.

Now it seems like it's not 100% certain he's guilty of this. But to me, yeah, i care if a fighter robs/beats/rape women/animals/kids.
                That would definitely factor into if i root for him or not.

Not for you? Fair enough. But everyones different.
                LMFAO...OK if you say so! Hate to disappoint you but most boxers come from nothing and either use boxing to turn their life around and/or to keep them out of trouble! From Mike Tyson to Bernard Hopkins, before boxing they did things they are not Proud of now I am sure!

Comment

LMFAO...OK if you say so! Hate to disappoint you but most boxers come from nothing and either use boxing to turn their life around and/or to keep them out of trouble! From Mike Tyson to Bernard Hopkins, before boxing they did things they are not Proud of now I am sure!
                  You don't see a difference between what B-hop did BEFORE his career started, and to abuse women?

Yeah LMAO - at you.

But sure, next time a rapist, dogfighting child molester turns up with some skills i'll be sure to root for him.

Comment

Laughing at how back when this was posted in 2010 nobody gave a ****, now all of a sudden people bumped this thread like it is breaking news
                    Of course, because nobody knew who he was in 2010. It would be like commenting 34 pages on a joe schmoe. Not exactly rocket science.

Comment

• It's funny that the same people who post the pictures and call Broner ghetto worship Valero. You know who you dudes are. Come the hell on.

Comment

Working...
                      X