No announcement yet.

Should GBP make Maidana vs. Khan II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
    Maidana recently said he wants Khan in April. Neither guy has a fight.

Maidana was well on his way to winning back in 2010 & joe Cortez was screwing this fight up. This fight is justified

Khan wants a rematch with a guy who flat out beat his (Garcia) but won't give a guy who he beat in a very close fight a rematch.
    No he wasn't. And Cortez broke them up when Khan was holding aka doing his job.

Anyway, Khan is rebuilding again. It wouldn't him any good to fight 1) a dangerous guy and 2) a guy he beat already, just yet.

Khan vs Lopez is the fight I want to see. Maidana needs to beat someone relevant before he gets another shot at the big time. His loss against Alexander was plain embarrassing.

Comment

Yeah! For me from round 7 till the end it was all maidana... but it won't happen ...

ortiz vs maidana can happen in fact they offer that fight to maidana's advisor last year but only one month before the fight and josesito lopez took the fight

Comment

I think Khan vs Lopez or Khan vs Peterson is a better fight for Khan..But I would not mind this fight..

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

Anyway, Khan is rebuilding again. It wouldn't him any good to fight 1) a dangerous guy and 2) a guy he beat already, just yet.

Khan vs Lopez is the fight I want to see. Maidana needs to beat someone relevant before he gets another shot at the big time. His loss against Alexander was plain embarrassing.
          I think Khan and Maidana are right on par with one another..You could give Maidana an edge at this point as well..Remember Maidana has a win over Karass which is better then Khan's win over Molina...So I think both of them need to do more before getting another shot at prime time..

Comment

seems like khan has to "rebuild" every few years.

getting hugged for 12 rounds or getting stopped inside 4 while looking like bambi on ice... hmm can't decide which is more embarrassing.

maidana took on a challenge in a tough, big dude like JSK after his loss. khan picked on a 5 foot midget lightweight.

how exactly is khan considered big time anymore? khan and his fans still have delusions of grandeur.

c'mon man

Comment

Yes they should if they want Khan to actually prove he deserves a rematch with Garcia. Schaefer would not dare put Khan in the same ring with Maidana or Matthysse but he will try to get these two tough countrymen to fight each other.

Comment

So one fighter can fight some bum and get another shot and the other fighter has to fight someone dangerous to get another shot....Bias

Its sad to say that I think even if Maidana wins or loses his next 8 fights... he'll still be around as a journeyman I think....but I think everyone knows Khan is a baby and his career in boxing is 1 or 2 fights away from flatlining
                Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X