No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yunier Dorticos Goes Twelve, Beats Tough Masternak in WBSS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    Dorticos didnt look good man. Gassiev took something from him unfortunately.
    Could be. Could also be several other factors like a tough opponent, styles, level of training for this particular fight, etc. This was Dorticos’s first fight after that first loss. We need to see more before we know.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Could be. Could also be several other factors like a tough opponent, styles, level of training for this particular fight, etc. This was Dorticos’s first fight after that first loss. We need to see more before we know.
      Did you catch the fight? Dorticos looked very anxious to get masternek out of there in the first couple of rounds, when that failed and masternek started coming on strong mid to late dorticos looked like he panicked bigtime and at one point he even turned his back and was saying something to the reff and looked to be on the verge of quitting.

I think people forget the amount of punishment he took in that Gassiev fight, it was brutal, it was the last fight where i was shouting out loud and screwing my face up at the shots he was eating before he was stopped.
      Even Gassiev seemingly looked like he just wanted Dorticos to not get up, look at his face and bodylanguage right after the heavy knockdown:

@5:50

looks like hes saying ' for ****s sake please just stay down' he looks visibly upset & annoyed

Comment

Big props to Masternak. I thought he was gonna be out in 2 and went out for a quick pleasure party and came back to see him throwing combinations in the 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          Did you catch the fight? Dorticos looked very anxious to get masternek out of there in the first couple of rounds, when that failed and masternek started coming on strong mid to late dorticos looked like he panicked bigtime and at one point he even turned his back and was saying something to the reff and looked to be on the verge of quitting.

I think people forget the amount of punishment he took in that Gassiev fight, it was brutal, it was the last fight where i was shouting out loud and screwing my face up at the shots he was eating before he was stopped.
          Even Gassiev seemingly looked like he just wanted Dorticos to not get up, look at his face and bodylanguage right after the heavy knockdown:

@5:50

looks like hes saying ' for ****s sake please just stay down' he looks visibly upset & annoyed
          I did not. Thank you for posting the vid. I based my comments on what I read, and the fact that you simply can’t know how one bout will affect a fighter long term. He might not look good in his very next outing, but that doesn’t mean he’ll stay that way. In the old days, boxers fought wars on a regular basis and kept coming back for more. Time will tell.

Comment

Cheers bro but its not letting me play it.
            Green K for trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Usyk has all the CW belts. What are they fighting for?
              The right to fight Uysk

Comment

I did not. Thank you for posting the vid. I based my comments on what I read, and the fact that you simply can’t know how one bout will affect a fighter long term. He might not look good in his very next outing, but that doesn’t mean he’ll stay that way. In the old days, boxers fought wars on a regular basis and kept coming back for more. Time will tell.
                He still young and hit gassiev with a lot of shots. Duran got ktfo by hearns and still came back and won a couple of belts against great opposition. In a tough fight, both boxer leave part of them behind. I don't think gassiev is the same fighter that he was before.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                  He still young and hit gassiev with a lot of shots. Duran got ktfo by hearns and still came back and won a couple of belts against great opposition. In a tough fight, both boxer leave part of them behind. I don't think gassiev is the same fighter that he was before.
                  Yeah, that’s what I’m getting at. We all know one fight can change a career, but there’s no telling where a fighter is headed down the road.

Comment

Yeah, that’s what I’m getting at. We all know one fight can change a career, but there’s no telling where a fighter is headed down the road.
                    I was impressed by his conditioning. I have never see him go 12 and not gassed out. that was gassiev plan, let him empty his arsenal, go after him at the first sign of tiredness.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
                      I was impressed by his conditioning. I have never see him go 12 and not gassed out. that was gassiev plan, let him empty his arsenal, go after him at the first sign of tiredness.
                      Nice. Always impresses me when a KO artist goes the distance convincingly. Dorticos is for real. The best? Maybe not, but a damn good fighter nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                      X