No announcement yet.

El Chapo and the Secret History of the Heroin Crisis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    First let me say congrats on your recovery. Man trust me I know what you are talking about, I myself did 5 years and some change in Federal Prison but I did mine on the other side of the fence. I was a C.O., I know I didnt live an inmates life but I was locked up 8-16hrs a day 5 days a week, and if you ever seen the Stanford Prison Experiment you would see what changes Prison can make on a C.O., its not good at all. Prisons a whole different F'ed up community inside a community and go from 1 to the other is rough so I couldnt imagine living in prison 24/7 then trying to adapt...

Anyways man, I agree with you, our Prison systems are set up for people to fail in and out of Prison. There are just as many drugs inside of prison as outside and the addictive personalities mixed with the anti-social personalities can create a very rowdy/violent group of people. From my perspective as a former C.O. I think prisons should focus more on recovery. Mixing drug addicts with gang banging violent offenders, sex offenders with drug addicts, violent offenders with sex offenders etc creates a bigger criminal and makes them of no use to society once they finish their sentence.
    Wow, good to hear that coming from someone with experience on the other side of things.

I do think eventually thinks may change, but if the recent past is any indication then it'll take a while still before the laws governing the war on drugs change.

Hopefully, won't be too long. Nice hearing your perspective man!

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
      Wow, good to hear that coming from someone with experience on the other side of things.

I do think eventually thinks may change, but if the recent past is any indication then it'll take a while still before the laws governing the war on drugs change.

Hopefully, won't be too long. Nice hearing your perspective man!
      Yeah man I try to think of things level headed.

& I hope things change man but honestly until we do a way with this Democrat/Republican conservative/liberal war, I dont see it happening anytime soon. Each party has their own bias ass agenda and its sickening. Neither 1 looks at the BIG PICTURE.

Comment

Working...
      X