No announcement yet.

Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haymon lost 430 million in one year!

http://www.fightopinion.com/2016/08/08/boxing-al-haymon-myspace-430-million-waddell-ivy/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+fightopinion+%28FightOpinion. com+-+Your+Global+Connection+to+the+Fight+Industry.%29

Holy ****!

How is that even possible, I knew he was blowing money but 430 mill!?

Thief!

I really want PBC to succeed because of free boxing but he overpaid a lot of boxers for easy fights. He should of paid them based on what the fight was truly worth. For someone as smart as he is, he should of known better.

Comment

Must of had one hell of a business plan.

Comment

Smh and he's still putting on shtt fights!

Comment

HBO's crony trolls flooding forums with misleading propaganda. Any one of you could have "expected" earnings, and if it's not where it should be, one could say "he or I lost..." NSB trolls assume "losing money" from whatever misleading context that may be, is synonymous to bankruptcy?

HBO sucks more. Downsizing budgets could be, "losing" money.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            HBO's crony trolls flooding forums with misleading propaganda. Any one of you could have "expected" earnings, and if it's not where it should be, one could say "he or I lost..." NSB trolls assume "losing money" from whatever misleading context that may be, is synonymous to bankruptcy?

HBO sucks more. Downsizing budgets could be, "losing" money.
            What trolling?

This information is coming straight from the hedge fund itself.

According to Mr. Gift, Kansas hedge fund Waddell & Ivy has supposedly lost $434 million dollars in their boxing venture with Al Haymon in a single year. Haymon settled a lawsuit with Bob Arum and has an antitrust lawsuit with Golden Boy which appears to be on the back-burner for the time being. While both of those lawsuits undoubtedly revealed interesting information in discovery for amended complaints, neither lawsuit posed the kind of serious threat to Al Haymon’s financial backing like the recently filed shareholder derivative lawsuit in Kansas against hedge fund Waddell & Ivy.
            The share holders are trying to sue the hedge fund to cut all funding and begin recouping loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              I really want PBC to succeed because of free boxing but he overpaid a lot of boxers for easy fights. He should of paid them based on what the fight was truly worth. For someone as smart as he is, he should of known better.
              I said it from the beginning, Haymon was overpaying his fighters because he was oayng himself at the same time. Every time they fought he got paid. Over paying them just meant he made more money too.

He's a fcking thief.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                What trolling?

This information is coming straight from the hedge fund itself.

The share holders are trying to sue the hedge fund to cut all funding and begin recouping loses.
                This is the part that seems sketchy to me..

The money invested by Waddell is less than 1% of their holdings.. Even if they lose everything in PBC, it's still only less than 1% of holdings and should have no impact on the bottom line. From what I have read, Waddell stock price and value has dropped over 18%, which means a lot of their other bigger investments has gone south. There is no way for Pbc to cause that big of a drop. I think the lawsuit is legit, just that boxing progandaists are spinning this like it's all the doing of PBC, when in fact there is a lot more wrong at Waddell which is the primary cause of the lawsuit. Pbc might be highlighted as an example, but I'm sure it's just a minor piece of evidence, and nothing criminal or malicious towards investors. All Waddell has to say is that ufc just sold for 4 billion and lost lots of money early,, pbc was on the same course

Comment

You can guarantee Haymon didn't lose a cent, as usual he spent everyone else's money, siphoning his personal cut for himself.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

The money invested by Waddell is less than 1% of their holdings.. Even if they lose everything in PBC, it's still only less than 1% of holdings and should have no impact on the bottom line. From what I have read, Waddell stock price and value has dropped over 18%, which means a lot of their other bigger investments has gone south. There is no way for Pbc to cause that big of a drop. I think the lawsuit is legit, just that boxing progandaists are spinning this like it's all the doing of PBC, when in fact there is a lot more wrong at Waddell which is the primary cause of the lawsuit. Pbc might be highlighted as an example, but I'm sure it's just a minor piece of evidence, and nothing criminal or malicious towards investors. All Waddell has to say is that ufc just sold for 4 billion and lost lots of money early,, pbc was on the same course
                  It's a separate lawsuit.

I agree it's part of a much bigger picture, but still one that could have some consequences.

At very least you'd have to think they won't be funnelling any more money into PBC.

Where the investors got lucky (solely regarding PBC), and Haymon unlucky is that the value of the fund declined so scrutiny was ramped up and the scam was uncovered.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 08-09-2016, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

What's sketchy about it? They feel they got robbed and want their money. Not much else to it.

There is suppose to be checks and balances for these kinds of things, although with hedge funds there never really is.

As soon as the hedge fund manager who put the deal together, quit, and joined Haymon, that should of sounded off all the alarms. I thought it was pretty obvious Haymon was giving him a kickback for getting the investment deal done, and that manager took the money and ran as quick as possible.

I think he will also be seeing a lawsuit eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X