No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: I want to make Groves v Degale next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hearn: I want to make Groves v Degale next

Eddie Hearn has said that he wants George Groves to give up his mandatory shot vs Dirrell and fight James Degale for the vacant IBF title next.

He feels GG will get beat by Dirrell based on his last two performances (not improbable at all) and he'll get about 6 times the money facing Degale and it will be in the UK as opposed to the US.

Watch from around 9:00.

He also mentioned Burns against a Haymon fighter. Bey-Burns? That is a Haymon fight if ever i've seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
      He also mentioned Burns against a Haymon fighter. Bey-Burns? That is a Haymon fight if ever i've seen one.
      Is burns 100% back to lightweight?

Comment

lol i know what u up to eddie dont even try that ****. degale is mandatory for carls belt, either carl fights him or he vacates it.

looks like he really doesnt want to make froch/degale but wants froch to keep the title

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I thought he was out of it?

If so... probably Lamont Peterson if he doesn't do his mando

Comment

No thanks. I'd rather see DeGale vs Froch/Ramirez and Groves vs Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              I thought he was out of it?

If so... probably Lamont Peterson if he doesn't do his mando
              I really couldn't see Burns who's coming off pretty much 3-4 big losses stepping up to fight a big 140 pounder who's world champion.

I'm not too sure who Al Haymon has at LW, but I'd imagine it would be at that weight since Ricky Burns isn't a 140 pounder. At least not in my opinion.

Who has Al got at 135?

Comment

I really couldn't see Burns who's coming off pretty much 3-4 big losses stepping up to fight a big 140 pounder who's world champion.

I'm not too sure who Al Haymon has at LW, but I'd imagine it would be at that weight since Ricky Burns isn't a 140 pounder. At least not in my opinion.

Who has Al got at 135?
                Vasquez, don't know if he has Bey, Ivan Redich.... that's all I remember off the top of my head....

I think maybe Boegre? He's been on Showbox a couple of times

Comment

I assume so considering how bad he was at 140 in last outing. His move to 140 smelled of desperation rather than necessity, and after the fight everyone concerned seemed clear that moving up in weight was no panacea for Burns' recent decline.

Vazquez is also with Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    Vasquez, don't know if he has Bey, Ivan Redich.... that's all I remember off the top of my head....

I think maybe Boegre? He's been on Showbox a couple of times
                    Maybe a shot vs Vasquez and winner faces Bey?

Comment

Working...
                    X